Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT & Anxiety  (Read 1024 times)

Arewenearlythereyet?

• First Flush
HRT & Anxiety
« on: July 13, 2021, 01:42:11 PM »

Been on two pumps oestrogel and utrogestan for four months. Recently changed to continuous progesterone.  A lot of symptoms better but I wake around 5 am and feel generalised anxiety most of the day.  This improves in the evening. Am confused as to whether HRT May be able to help if I take more or may be causing or it’s just anxiety and not hormone related.  I am lucky enough not to have too much to worry about but I have been suffering with vaginal discomfort (supposedly not VA related according to gynae) which has been getting me down.  Have been considering giving up the HRT and seeing what happens. But fed up  :-\

Nas

Re: HRT & Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 01:57:04 PM »

Is sounds like you may benefit from a higher dose of oestrogen; what do you think?
I wake around that time every day and feel the same way as you.
I know my O needs upping.
Do you use vagifem or ovestin for relief?
That area can suffer greatly if not treated locally.

Arewenearlythereyet?

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »

Yes I am using Vagifem and Ovestin but not really making much difference sadly.

EllaAurora

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 06:18:50 PM »

Been on two pumps oestrogel and utrogestan for four months. Recently changed to continuous progesterone.  A lot of symptoms better but I wake around 5 am and feel generalised anxiety most of the day.  This improves in the evening. Am confused as to whether HRT May be able to help if I take more or may be causing or it’s just anxiety and not hormone related.  I am lucky enough not to have too much to worry about but I have been suffering with vaginal discomfort (supposedly not VA related according to gynae) which has been getting me down.  Have been considering giving up the HRT and seeing what happens. But fed up  :-\

Hi and sorry to hear you're not feeling well :(
I can relate to anxiety and early wake ups. Still working on to get these under control with HRT.

Did you suffer from anxiety before you started HRT or has it appeared during treatment? Your symptoms could be related to low oestrogen, but as I understand also high oestrogen may cause anxiety, however not sure if it causes early wake ups as I think that is a typical low symptom.
2 pumps of oestrogel is a medium dose, but we are all different so it could be that you just need more, or that you are not absorbing correctly.
Any chance to check in with your GP or gynae and discuss upping the dose?

Hope you feel better soon and let us know how you get on! xx

Arewenearlythereyet?

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 07:55:00 PM »

Thank you. I think I may have high estrogen. I had PCOS in my thirties and have recently been diagnosed with adenmyosis, which is again high estrogen.