Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil and Zoely-is it too much progesterone?  (Read 867 times)

Peri-wrecked

Mirena coil and Zoely-is it too much progesterone?
« on: July 15, 2021, 08:16:52 PM »

Hello,

I am wondering if anybody has any experience of being on the mirena coil and Zoely combined pill at the same time?  I just started Zoely Pill about 9 days ago and i'm experiencing increased anxiety today and nausea today.  I have also had quite a lot of hot flushes and waking up all hot and sweaty.  I'm usually the one at work complaining of being cold even in summer but lately I am roasting.
My question is does it sound like too much progesterone?  or not a high enough estrogen dose? Should I be on the coil and taking a combined pill? 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I am so fed up with this rollercoaster of hormones going up and down.
Thank you all so much.

sheila99

Re: Mirena coil and Zoely-is it too much progesterone?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 11:00:53 PM »

Is there a reason you have both? As you have a mirena for prog I would have expected an oestrogen only patch or gel. I wouldn't be surprised if you have too much prog and insufficient oestrogen.

Peri-wrecked

Re: Mirena coil and Zoely-is it too much progesterone?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 01:03:42 PM »

Hi Sheila,
I had the mirena fitted in November 2020 as part of my HRT along with patches. But the patches did not suit so I was given fematab 2mg tablets which gave me awful migraines. My gp then said I could use a contraceptive pill on top of the coil stating coil only gave minimal progesterone. Which I found odd because it's used as progesterone part of HRT. I'm debating having the coil removed to see how I am but I went under general anesthetic to get it inserted so my gp said it would be a shame to remove it so soon.
I'm just not sure. I feel it's too much progesterone. But I'm not very up to date with it all .

Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it.