Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Peri - just started Elleste Duet 1mg - Advice  (Read 1175 times)

Dmel13

• First Flush
Peri - just started Elleste Duet 1mg - Advice
« on: July 07, 2021, 08:21:32 AM »

Hello everyone,
I'm looking to see if anyone else has had similar?
49 (50 next week) and peri, weight gain, overheating at night, muscle aches in the morning and just general fogginess - still having periods but very few and far between and completely unpredictable.
Filled in an online consultation with my doc all went very well and after a few emails back and forth he prescribed Elleste Duet 1mg. All was going great when taking the white tablets sleeping better and overall feeling improved, then comes the green and I started a period with the first couple of days of taking them. Well it just didn't stop, 17 days in total I was very heavily bleeding, day and night plus and for the first few days a bit tearful which is not me at all.
Anyway, I'm back on the white pills now but really hoping this is not going to be the new normal for me, obviously I'll keep going for the initial 3 months but what happens after that? I cant put up with that each month
TIA  :)

Taz2

Re: Peri - just started Elleste Duet 1mg - Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 06:14:59 AM »

Hi Dmel13. Sorry your post seems to have been missed and I just wanted to welcome you

It can take 3 months for things to settle down and the first couple of bleeds can be quite heavy. I think that your own cycle can break through which may be why you have had a bleed before you have finished the green pills. These are the progesterone containing ones and it's the stopping of these each month which usually induces a bleed. There are different progesterones to try which may suit you better if things don't improve. It's great that the white ones are making you feel better.

I'm sure others will be along soon with advice and support. Lots of info on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Dmel13

• First Flush
Re: Peri - just started Elleste Duet 1mg - Advice
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 11:18:02 AM »

Hi Taz,

Thanks for your reply, i will be giving it three months and hoping for the best.

x