Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone given up work due to Peri (or Menopause) or taken long term sick leave?  (Read 2350 times)

Cookie25

I lost my job due to being off sick for too long with menopausal symptoms (anxiety and depression). I've spent 4 years on ESA and PIP, which has been fine to be honest; I have very low outgoings so it hasn't been hard to cope, but I know it's not like that for everyone. I'm now on a combined HRT and drug regime which has helped enormously and have just started a very part-time job, hoping to build up gradually to a decent number of hours.
I would have had to give up my job in my early fifties if I hadn't started HRT. Within weeks I was back to my usual self but I know without it I just wouldn't have been able to carry on. The hot sweats were the most debilitating part for me and, of course, with them came foggy head due to lack of sleep and then loss of confidence and poor memory. Having to recover from a sweat every twenty minutes took away my concentration too of course. I also had to take in spare clothes as I got fed up with sitting in soggy underwear all day. Oh the joys!

Sorry about your facial pain Lyncola. I didn't suffer from this during meno but it sounds very difficult to cope with.

Taz x
Hi Cookie! When I crashed into peri I had 3 months off on sick leave! I could not leave the house so going to work was not an option! HRT helped with a lot of symptoms to enable me to return! You need to think do yourself first! Good luck

It's so lovely to read your stories of hope ladies! I really hope to find an hrt regime to suit me so that I can enjoy life xxxxx
Pages: 1 [2]