Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Digestive symptoms non-stop?  (Read 14095 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Digestive symptoms non-stop?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2021, 08:06:16 AM »

Wind can radiate everywhere, there are sinuses in the body [gaps] - I sometimes have wind where I didn't know it could get!

Eating little and often can help.  As will keeping a food diary for 3 weeks: jot down everything taken by mouth : see if there is a pattern. 

Aitchfruit

• First Flush
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:05 PM »

I suffered with acid indigestion for about 18 months on and off, every time I ate anything at all, hot or cold, (along with extreme dizziness/vertigo - falling over when getting out of bed in the morning). I had no idea, at that time, they could be symptoms of menopause. Doctors checked my inner ears and said I may have had an ear infection which upset my balance and in terms of the indigestion, was separately prescribed Omeprazole, which didn’t help. However, whilst night sweats/cold sweats and many other symptoms continued, the indigestion, dizziness, (and electric shocks) seemed to phase out over time, prior to starting on HRT patches.

Ellie2

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2021, 05:31:48 AM »

I've always had digestive issues. Never diagnosed with anything, but very much like IBS. Lots of ups and downs and always worse before and during periods.
Things got progressively worse the last few years with peri knocking and at the end I could barely have a piece of plain chicken without a bloat and tummy ache.

I startet Lenzetto about 2+ weeks ago, and it was like magic for me. I kid you not!
My stomach flattened out and calmed down after a very, very short time. Before that I had stomach aches every time I ate, bloating, distended tummy, loose/firm/whatnot. I went down a full dress size just by not being so stuffed. My whole abdomen area relaxed by the addition of estrogen and it has kept that way. I am also more tolerant of problem foods.
Hormonal - absolutely.

But as I said, I've been struggling my whole life and as a consequence I changed my way of eating about 12 years ago. I went from "regular healthy" with whole grains and fruit to low-carb´ish, paleo-style where I cut out all grains and minimized sugars, included fruit (I do still eat berries and veggies and occasional fruit). I also stay away from processed food.
It was a big shift but it works for me. It drove down inflammation, quieted my digestion and gave me more energy.

However, it did not make me immune from the huge hormonal upheaval, and I don't think that this way of eating alone would have "cured" me at this point of life. It did before peri, but now I needed estrogen as well as I am very sure that it is driven by systemic inflammation.

DeeMarie

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2021, 02:00:03 PM »

I could have wrote this post! It’s awful isn’t it  :-\ I’m currently on omeprazole which has helped but this week it’s like back to square one  :'( Hope you’re feeling better  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]