Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice needed re delaying utrogestan for a cycle  (Read 1707 times)

juliemargaret

Advice needed re delaying utrogestan for a cycle
« on: July 10, 2021, 09:03:45 PM »

Hi I need some urgent advice. I was on estrogel for 8 weeks then changed to patches just 3 days ago as we don’t think I’m absorbing the gel.  When starting the hrt regime I also added a cycle or utrogestan for 12 days. I completed x2 of these whilst on the gel. I am due to start my 3Rd cycle of utro this eve but i was going to skip it this cycle in order to give the patches a chance to work and identify how i feel and if the current dosage is ok or needs increasing etc (as had a bad few weeks on the gel) I was confident in my decison but now worrying I will mess up the utrogestan cycle I have been following but I also really feel the need to have some estrogen alone for a little longer and give the patches time to do what the need. Will this be okay? Anyone help

Hurdity

Re: Advice needed re delaying utrogestan for a cycle
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 08:23:38 AM »

Hi Jmargaret

It all depends where you are in menopsue. If you are still very much early peri then you may well experience a breakthrough bleed due to your natural cycle.

If you are post-menopausal then there is no cycle to mess up - so theoretically yes you can easily delay the utrogestan for a little while to see how you feel - and it doesn't have to be a full 28 day cycle - for example you could make it a 6 week cycle . Ideally in consultation with your doc but a couple of longer cycles may well be fine = depending on your particular circumstances.

Hurdity x

juliemargaret

Re: Advice needed re delaying utrogestan for a cycle
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 10:57:06 AM »

Hi Hurdity thanks so much for responding! I hoped you would !  I’m peri - I’d say late peri and periods prior to hrt were no longer spot on 4 weeks but for years been erratic - sometimes 2 weeks sometimes 3 sometimes 6. Werent any real issue although bit heavier but seemed to be lighter and shorter last few cycles. When started hrt and did the x2 utro cycles I bled BOTH cycles on day 9 of the utro and only for perhaps 3 days and VERY light really.  Didn’t have nahbfirther bleeds when ended utro (carried on my utro vag till day 12 regardless of the bleeds)
So as you know from my message I was due another cycle last night but really want to let patches settle - if they do - and be able to clearly identify if feeling any changes and if Need to increase, so was going to start afresh and pretend never even had hrt prior to when started patch last wed and skip this cycle (didn’t restart last night) . Not sure what to expect or will have bleed but I’m
Wondering when do I restart cycle? Shall I just wait for bleed and count a whole new cycle (day of bleed being day 1 and just add the utro on day 15 and so forth Or shall I just carry on counting as I was/am and re introduce on the next du 15 that comes whilst counting from now and as is I did continue last night? Hope I’ve made sense x