Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Period whilst on everol 50 patch , do I still follow regime with the remaining  (Read 2401 times)

Michelle7474

Great Thankyou , I’m thinking take about 10pm & go from there
I read take on day 15 of cycle
So I think I’m gonna take next week instead of this week as I’m on day 3 of this cycle as they never really evened out on first regime and always came earlier than should have ..
Doctor said I could take Thursday if I wanted too as that’s when Conti is due. but after reading to take on day 15 of cycle in my head makes sense to do that rather than mess it up and have another bleed so soon as I’m still bleeding now
That way in hindsight I would be due 4 weeks from now instead of 2 if I start Thursday

Taz2

I'm a bit confused as if you are on day 3 of this cycle then why would you begin the conti patches on Thursday? Surely you begin the conti on day 14? Sorry if I've misunderstood but the cycle is your HRT cycle not your bleed cycle if that's what you mean   :-\

Taz x

Michelle7474

When I started the sequi regime .. I had first bleed on week 3 day I started the Conti patch
2nd month was the day before I started the Conti patch
This month .. started 5 days before I was due to start the Conti patch ( due Thursday)
So I got in contact with Gp
She called back and said about it’s called erratic bleeding
And said to try everol 50 with this tab and said I could start this Thursday if I wanted too

But when I read the leaflet it says take on day 15 of cycle
So because it’s a new regime on my bleed  I’m on day 3

I confuse myself lol

So

Michelle7474

Taz would you suggest that i start Thursday ? As if I would be with the Conti patch ?

Taz2

I would think that's what she meant but I'm not an expert. Because you have been using the 50 patch then you need to use a progesterone for the second two weeks as well as continuing with the 50 patch.  Which progesterone have you been given?

Taz x

Michelle7474

Thanks for replying taz
She gave me utrogestan 100mg x 2 for 14 days with 50 everol patch
Then just patch for other two weeks

I’m still bleeding would taking that make any difference ?

It all confuses me
That’s why when I read take on day 15 of cycle I was thinking my bleed cycle then maybe it would kick hormones in sync as seems they been out of sync as in that I mean bleeding at wrong times.

Taz2

I'm not sure as if you are carrying on with the 50 patches then you are continuing to build the lining. I think she meant you could either continue with the pack you are on and change to conti patch on Thursday as normal and then begin the new regime next HRT cycle or use the utrogestan instead of the conti patch from this Thursday. Utrogestan is a good progesterone and some women use it vaginally if they get side effects orally.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of utro will answer your query tomorrow/today  :)

Taz x

Sparkler

Hi there
I don’t have an ‘answer’, but whenever I was worried about whether to delay the progesterone I was advised to take it on schedule (so for you start this Thursday) and that my body would eventually sort itself out in line with the progesterone. It might mean you don’t bleed at all following the utrogestan, but that would be ok as you would know the reason for that.
Sparkler
x
Pages: 1 [2]