Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Disappointed in follow up appointment with Nick Panay’s team (NHS)  (Read 2505 times)

NeetaK

Re: Disappointed in follow up appointment with Nick Panay’s team (NHS)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2021, 06:12:43 PM »

H Neetak,

I have been under the C & W for a coiuple of years, but now discharged. I saw a 'fellow' on my first appointment and then the nurse thereafter, mostly via the telephone.  She never appeared to have read my notes, and I actually pointed this out to her; did not send me the relevant paperwork or organise blood tests meaning I had to go backwards and forwards to different departments. She changed my ptrogesterone to LUBITON' without any discussion with me, and i had to email her about it as I can find nothing on the internet about this. . Also I have had to email 3 times to get her to correct my updated prescription and have never received reassurance that the new progesterone is bioidentical.

Have yo complained to Panays' secretary? She used to be available.

Hi Kate

Sorry that you’ve had a bad experience too. That’s terrible. Dealing with the NHS is enough to send you round the bend!

I can’t speak to the secretary, only the admin team. I can try again, and I’m also going to email them my concerns.

Joaniepat

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2021, 06:52:30 PM »

[/quote]

Hi Kathleen

I will try and do that next time.

I will email them with my concerns this week.

Who is Dr Currie? I’m new to all this.

Thanks
[/quote]

Dr Currie is the founder of this site. You can email her by clicking on the contact tab. There is a small charge for this service. I believe it is well worth the outlay.

JP x

Hockliffe111

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2021, 07:57:25 PM »

Could you take the utrogestan vaginally to minimise side effects, sorry if this has already been tried or suggestex

laszla

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2021, 10:55:55 PM »

Sorry to hear this and am also personally invested as I have an NHS phone appointment with this clinic in August that I went through a lot of pleading/arguing with GP to get and for which I had high(ish) hopes.
I completely agree with Kathleen re taking notes and taking the lead. Even for my GP phone sessions regarding HRT I make detailed notes- diagrams of everything I want to cover even adding NICE references to back up points I anticipate they will either not know or take issue with.
I prepare for these encounters as I prepare for in depth interviews I do for work that involve a lot of research and almost a script, albeit one that you should be prepared to depart from or improvise if necessary.
It's ridiculous that it should be this way but I believe it greatly improves chances of getting what we need.
Pages: 1 [2]