Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Heavy periods/abdominal pain  (Read 2333 times)

DeeMarie

Re: Heavy periods/abdominal pain
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2021, 03:04:46 PM »

Hi CLKD phoned my gp this morning as no improvement and was actually sick and bowels were loose (sorry!) :'( I’ve to up the omeprazole to 40mg for a week to see how I get on. He did say there might be a bug going around but from my symptoms could be too much acid.I just think my stomach is playing up. Just so annoying  :( it’s the not knowing. I did mention peri but that kind of went in one ear and out the other  :-\ thanks for your concern  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »

When do you take the 'omeprazole'?  I used to take 20mg at night to ease reflux symptoms.

'might be a bug' ............ yep.  It's known as Covid  ::).  The drug can occasionally be the cause your symptoms - I use milk of magnesia liquid if I get wind in the day.  Could you stop taking it for 3 days 2 see if your bowels settle?

DeeMarie

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2021, 05:33:36 PM »

I take it in the morning around 7am but it’s around 5am when it starts, the pain, knawing, nausea etc I’ll take  the other tonight so fingers crossed 🤞🏼 Yeah I’ve noticed that’s some of the side effects which I’m like great they’re the ones I want to ease! This is my 3rd month so I would have thought the side effects would have made an appearance before now. I used to take gaviscon but that doesn’t seem to help anymore  :-*
Pages: 1 2 [3]