Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? Numbness/Weakness in hand Stopped Everol Conti Patches  (Read 1239 times)

menopausalalways

Really not sure if I'm in the right place? Recently (well the past week) I've had weakness/numbness in my hand  and cant grip anything and am not sure if its related to me stopping my Everol Conti patches?
Its all the symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
I decided to stop the patches as I wasn't suffering from Hot Flashes etc and wonder if here is a connection?
Anyone think I should resume the patches as its a 3 week delay in getting to see the Dr
Anyone suffering the same or have any thoughts?
Any help/advice would be appreciated
Many thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Certainly Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be affected by hormones, many women suffer during pregnancy which goes away after delivery.  Do U have to hang the arms out of bed to try and ease the problem?  Did U have it prior to HRT?

Why did U begin the patches ........ what were you trying to ease?

menopausalalways

Certainly Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be affected by hormones, many women suffer during pregnancy which goes away after delivery.  Do U have to hang the arms out of bed to try and ease the problem? - No
Did U have it prior to HRT? No

Why did U begin the patches ........ what were you trying to ease?  See below

Aah found it. Forgot I had posted on this thread as I wasn't sure if it was hormone/menopause related or not.
I started HRT mainly due to Night Sweats/joint pain/and anxiety. The night sweats have eased and I stopped Everol Conti as I was just fed up of the breakthrough bleeding.
However I have experienced the numbness and tingling in my left hand since I stopped changing my patches (last time I changed the patch was a week ago) so its too much of a coincidence not to assume  they aren't related - I suppose I have answered my own question!
Just stupidly didn't consider CTS could be related to the Menopause- then again after all everything else ruddy well is!
Patch will be firmly affixed to bum cheek tonight, I'd much rather have breakthrough bleeding than a ruddy useless left hand
If it still persists though it will be a visit to the Dr's
Thanks for reading

Postmeno3

I can understand your confusion as so many symptoms belong together. I'm getting nerve testing to formalise a CTS diagnosis at the end of the month. It co-incided with a sharp decline in other postmeno symptoms. I'm right-handed and that hand quite suddenly became very unreliable. Are you left-handed? I think we're all starting to appreciate the much wider range of symptoms of oestrogen deficiency and how widespread those reactions are. I've not long started on systemic hrt, lowest dose, so shall see. Highly recommend Curcumin to help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Let us know how you get on?

menopausalalways

I can understand your confusion as so many symptoms belong together. I'm getting nerve testing to formalise a CTS diagnosis at the end of the month. It co-incided with a sharp decline in other postmeno symptoms. I'm right-handed and that hand quite suddenly became very unreliable. Are you left-handed? I think we're all starting to appreciate the much wider range of symptoms of oestrogen deficiency and how widespread those reactions are. I've not long started on systemic hrt, lowest dose, so shall see. Highly recommend Curcumin to help.

Hello - good idea - if reintroducing Everol Conti into the regime doesn't improve matters. I think I will try that avenue. No, I'm right handed - so its my left hand which is experiencing numb/weak/grip free zones!
Keep us posted!