Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: What to do if you forget an Utro dose?  (Read 1029 times)

Gilla999

What to do if you forget an Utro dose?
« on: August 18, 2021, 07:31:37 AM »

Forgot to insert it last night  ::)

Should i put it (100mg) in this morning or just go a day without? Don't want to cause fluctuations in my hormones but not sure how quickly the dose hits you from a sedative POV and whether I'll be out for the count all day!

Hurdity

Re: What to do if you forget an Utro dose?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 07:50:28 AM »

Hi there - if you go a day without then you may well get withdrawal bleeding - depends what your regime is whether cyclical or continuous and on your oestrogen dose. I could not insert mine in the morning as it would fall out!! From what I read the systemic dose from vaginal use is slightly less vulnerable to fluctuations because a certain amount hangs around the utrerus...so it you're lucky and insert it this morning you may notice less? Also depends how sensitive you are to it and whether you normally feel dozy. I feel completely wiped out in the mornings when I take it (vaginally) - even more than usual, like right now. I can still function though with plenty of caffeine - though I am retired so don't have to worry about being on the ball  ::)

Hurdity x

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 07:57:06 AM »

Thank you Hurdity this is really helpful - I've decided to go for the "whack it in and hope for the best" strategy!

I have absolutely no next-day side effects when I take it vaginally at night - which is something of a miracle as I am super sensitive to everything - so am hoping I manage ok today after taking it this morning, and will take it as normally again this evening before bed.

Luckily I'm working from home so I can lie on the sofa if I need to!

Thanks again xx

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 10:44:51 AM »

Interesting -  I am only on 6th Utro but taking every other night.... I have been bleeding quite heavy since 4th. I wonder if its because I am using every other night ?? Should I use every night and see what happens ??

Hurdity - how much do you use on long cycle ??

Wx