Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Severe fatigue and weakness  (Read 5992 times)

Friend of lhasaapso

Severe fatigue and weakness
« on: July 09, 2021, 07:42:09 PM »

Hi , I've written about this in the past ,but was wondering does any one else have such severe fatigue that it feels so hard to do anything at all ? This is getting me down so much .
  I'm not working at the moment, but I'm hoping to start training as a t.a if I get accepted in September.  I've been on &off hrt as I found it hard to treated the progesterone part of it .
   Recently re started everol 25 &utrogestan .
I've only had a few days of the patch. I feel a bit calmer in mood but no improvement in energy yet .I was taking 50 mcg patch but felt it was too strong for me as heart beating faster and felt "wired" . Maybe I need to give patch longer to work, but feeling so low about this at the moment &tearful ,as I need to get a job ,but don't know how I'll cope if I'm still.like this .
  I'm 55 and been post menopausal for about 3 years I think .
   I would really appreciate a friendly comment from someone who understands, thanks x

Wannabewell

Re: Severe fatigue and weakness
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 08:48:57 PM »

Hi,

I’ve just completed my first cycle of HRT.  I’m on Oestrogel 2 pumps and Utrogestan 200mg day’s 15-26, monthly.

I’m 52 and been perimenopausal since around 41.   Also, I have ME and Microvascular Angina.

My biggest problem (though all were pretty bad) was/is cyclical depression which had significantly worsened over the last few months.

I noticed my mood was much better and more stable for all the Oestrogel part, though I’ve had three bad days on the Utrogestan part .. and groggy lethargic weakness (that wasn’t the usual ME lack of energy and fatigue, brain fog etc).

I can fully understand why you’re feeling concerned about how you’ll manage to work.  I’m new to HRT so can’t offer any advice but I’m sure others will be along to help.

I just wanted to say that I understand and empathise, it’s tough going at times .. and hope you begin to feel better soon.

xx

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 07:21:10 AM »

Hi…total exhaustion was my worst symptom of menopause. It was so much more than just being tired. I literally couldn’t do anything as I felt so weak and ill. Thankfully, HRT sorted it out x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 08:35:10 AM »

Crashing fatigue.  Awful.

When I had low VitD levels 3 years ago I could do 20 mins weeding, then would have to sit.  For 2 hours not moving.  Did U have your blood tests recently, i.e. thyroid function and VitD levels? 

How are your periods overall?  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress, it does at least who the better days as well as how long the bad days last ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 12:46:37 PM »

It's too soon to tell if hrt is the answer. As you know there can be many, many causes of fatigue. Did you have any blood tests? Thyroid, vit d and b12 are common reasons for it (and many people feel bad on levels the  nhs considers 'normal range'). Once you're stable on hrt you might try tester one which does help some people.

appey

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 02:37:58 PM »

I completely understand, I’m feeling exactly the same as you. I’m 52 and post menopausal. I have  such severe fatigue that some days it’s enough to get off the sofa. I’ve had various perimenopausal issues over the years but had been managing quite well until June this year when my body just seemed to fall apart.  I have now started on oestrogel and utrogestan. I’ve done one week of 1 pump in the morning 1 utrogestan at night and felt some improvement from that, but then had a couple of bad days where my whole body ached. I’ve now upped my oestrogel dose to 1 pump in the morning and 1 at night. Really hoping that makes a difference. I’m a teacher and due to be back at school in 2 weeks but really not sure how I will manage it.

I hope you have seen some improvement since your post in July xxx

appey

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 02:42:25 PM »

I also completely understand about the heart beating faster and ‘wired’ bit. I’ve had many palpitation issues which got worse in June so am paranoid about my heart beat. I’ve had lots of tests though and I know all is fine but finding it hard to stop listening to my heartbeat!

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 12:02:15 AM »

I'm sorry I missed these replies .
    UPDATE : I've been on new regime about 5 weeks now and the awful fatigue and muscle aches have really improved .
      The only problem is on two weeks of utro I feel more low in mood ,tearful and tired, but nothing like before hrt .
      My bloods didn't show much apart from a slightly raised esr (showing some inflammation )in the body,which may be linked to my sore knuckles which were more painful &swollen. This also improved with the oestrogen patch but slightly worse with utro? The doc has referred me to rheumatology just to get checked out .
      Anyway,would just like to thank you lovely ladies out there for your replies, as it makes such a difference knowing  that you're not going through this alone .

appey

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 06:28:05 AM »

That’s so good to hear and gives me some hope of some improvement! X

Shell babes

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2021, 06:54:05 AM »

Do you use testosterone gel as this can help with regards to energy, fatigue etc x

Friend of lhasaapso

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »

Hi ,no I don't use testosterone, a bit scared of going down that route.
 Also I'm not on Private treatment &don't think nhs will prescribe?although I haven't asked .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2021, 01:32:00 PM »

Tnx 4 the update. 

Rhuematoid symptoms R very characteristic in the inflammation stage.  ESR of course was used as a pregnancy test years ago ;-).

Many find that the Utero-part of HRT is troublesome.  NHS will prescribe Testosterone if it's recommend by a Consultant, better to be seen at a specific menopause clinic ;-)

appey

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2021, 11:20:02 AM »

I'm sorry I missed these replies .
    UPDATE : I've been on new regime about 5 weeks now and the awful fatigue and muscle aches have really improved .
      The only problem is on two weeks of utro I feel more low in mood ,tearful and tired, but nothing like before hrt .
      My bloods didn't show much apart from a slightly raised esr (showing some inflammation )in the body,which may be linked to my sore knuckles which were more painful &swollen. This also improved with the oestrogen patch but slightly worse with utro? The doc has referred me to rheumatology just to get checked out .
      Anyway,would just like to thank you lovely ladies out there for your replies, as it makes such a difference knowing  that you're not going through this alone .

appey

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2021, 11:24:46 AM »

Hi
Just wondering if you’ve stuck with everol 25 the whole time?

I had increased my oestrogel for a few days but have felt so nauseous and sick with it that I’ve now gone back to applying just one pump in the morning.

Pippa52

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2021, 01:47:39 PM »

Hi - I can completely relate to this when I tried to cut down on my HRT there were days when I was so fatigued I could barely climb the stairs. xx
Pages: [1] 2