Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Tell me about your hot flushes  (Read 787 times)

Mummytron

Tell me about your hot flushes
« on: July 10, 2021, 08:47:28 PM »

I seem to be hot most of the time, is this normal? My anxiety is bad, I'm tearful, period early this time. But the hit feeling is horrific, seem to feel hot most of the time.

Mummytron

Re: Tell me about your hot flushes
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 09:07:42 PM »

I'd really appreciate any advice, I'm really not doing very well at really moment.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 06:59:26 AM »

Hi mummytron. Sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment.

My hot flushes would last for around three minutes and in the end were very regular. I didn't feel hot all of the time. I do get that sort of feeling though when I am anxious.

Have you had your thyroid tested recently? If it's overactive this can cause you to feel hot as well as anxious and jittery.

Taz x  :hug:

Mummytron

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 07:30:39 AM »

Hi Taz,
I had blood tests a month ago and apart from slight anemia they were all ok. They are repeating them soon.
I wonder if its just that they are coming more? I feel hot all the time but then can get a burst of more hear if that makes sense?
Thank you for replying x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 07:54:33 AM »

Mine were very specific. They would start with a sudden black feeling of doom and fatigue followed by a slight feeling of nausea and as if I might need to rush to the toilet. My heart rate would then increase and the flush would start. I would sweat profusely from head to toe before it all subsided. Eventually they were happening every 20 minutes. I'm not sure if anaemia can cause heat intolerance. It might be worth investigating. Are you on any medication which could cause it?

Taz x

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 08:02:07 AM »

When mine originally started I only got them at night and this lasted a few months, then I started getting them during the day.  Like Taz, I got them every 20 minutes.  Then 2 weeks after I started HRT they went.  It was bliss. 
All my life I always felt the cold and lived in warm clothing.  Now, even though I don’t get the flushes, I mostly live in T-shirt’s and an extra layer when it’s chilly.