Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Does anyone feel as though utrogestan makes them feel low/flat/a bit miserable?  (Read 667 times)

Noheroicsplease

It's really hard to know if it's real life or the utrogestan, but I feel flat as a pancake! The Utrogestan has been amazing for my sleeping issues but can't tell if it's affecting my mood. Most people I know at the moment don't feel great for real life reasons, and I share that - but is it the HRT too? I just started taking testosterone, and I also take 50mg patch Estradot.

Thanks all

Mindfulmoomins

Hi,

Yes, Utrogestan makes me feel really low. Especially after a few days. Then when I come off it (after 7 days) and after two more days I often see in my period tracker that I’ve written ‘phew, was worried that feeling wouldn’t pass, I can feel happiness seeping back into my veins’. Such a rollercoaster.

I am on Estradot 75 mg (started last Friday) and struggling with utrogestan right now (on day 4 of 7). I’m going to stop it early (not advised as I need the protection for my womb lining) and ask if there’s an alternative. I was tolerating it ok the past few years (always disliked it though and would plan an easy week when I was taking it) and using 4 pumps of gel but my symptoms have changed and become problematic again (hence changing to the patch to see if that helps absorption).

I feel like I need to get my estrogen up in order to tolerate the progesterone better. It’s like we need to be scientists!

I too understand that life is difficult for many at the moment but I am learning to trust what is hormonal and what isn’t.

I am thinking of trying the Jaydess coil which apparently is less progesterone and a different type.

Good luck and take of yourself while on it. For some of us it really is the most challenging part of HRT.

Xxx