Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estradot patches and application  (Read 1085 times)

Teresa

Estradot patches and application
« on: September 02, 2021, 02:46:06 PM »

Hi,
I hope someone can help…I have got my first lot of Estradot patches after a week off of Elleste Duet conti tabs and an going to take my first Utrogestan pill tonight. I’m afraid I wasted 5  :o as I struggled to get the backing off without damaging the sticky bit as each time they literally fell cleanly in half. Are they always like this? I can see they are thin and in the end I managed to get one to stick, but even looking at it on my body I can see there is a line going down the middle where it might split at a later time…I had to tell the chemist I’d wasted 5, I felt awful and more anxious each time I opened one. I hope I can do the next one ☝️

Thankyou,
Teresa

Molly

Re: Estradot patches and application
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 04:06:37 PM »

hi teresa,

Ive onlt started using them aslo. they are so fickle and mine dont stay on, i have to put a plaster over them ::).

look up davina mccall and applying the patch. she does a dreat demo. it might help you x

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 05:10:12 PM »

I watched a video about application on YouTube and it said about holding it down for a few minutes and warming it in your palms before application. That seems to have helped mine stick. Good luck and don’t worry, none of these things are very intuitive! Xx

Teresa

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 07:21:26 PM »

Hi Mindfulmoomins & Molly,
Thankyou so much for your helpful replies…I shall look up the Davina McCall video, Thankyou  :)
The Chemist was horrified when I told her I’d wasted 5… I said I was a newbie. I’ve only got 2 left and need to put another on, on Sunday ( they only had 1 box in stock today) I shall be shaking when I put it on, I know I will 😊 I was today, as panicking. I’ve got nails too but they didn’t help. I might end up sticking two halves together if they seperate again and put a plaster over.

Thankyou again,
Teresa
X

Chrixx

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 09:51:44 PM »

Watch a video for sure.  Then slightly bend the patch.. peel off only half of it and stick to your abdomen .. then peel back other side. Then put your hand over the patch and press down. That will help it stick.  :)... when you take it off use make up remover or toner to rub off residue sticky stuff. Hope that helps.

Salad

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 11:29:53 PM »

I take off one side of the protective backing being careful not to touch the sticky bit. Then I stick the sticky side to the top of my butt cheek and peel off the other side before smoothing the second half down. I do hold it in place for about 30 seconds. This is my 4th brand of patch and I have found it to be the ones that stay stuck the most. However, I did apply it to my abdomen as a trial recently and the patch came off twice!

Chrixx

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 06:03:48 AM »

I also forgot to say... you can put some surgical tape over the patch if you do split in half. This would give you added protection.. send keep it stuck in place. Make sure you skin is dry before putting on.. am thinking that might not help it stick? But dont truly sure.

Teresa

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 04:51:11 PM »

Hi Chrixx and Salad,
Thankyou so much for your tips, especially the removal bit as I haven’t got that far yet…it’s still on for now, I check now and then, I’ve got it on the front sort of near my hip but down a bit, might try my butt cheek next.  I don’t seem to be getting much from it, but it’s only Day 2, though when I was in Elleste Duet conti I felt the effects of the oestrogen almost immediately. I think 37.5mg might not be enough for me but I can’t top up for over 2 weeks yet as I can’t speak to GP till then  :-\

Thanks for all your good tips,
Teresa
X
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 04:53:47 PM by Teresa »