Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can patch too low down cause breakthrough bleeding?  (Read 1591 times)

Las20

• First Flush
Can patch too low down cause breakthrough bleeding?
« on: July 05, 2021, 03:46:51 PM »

Hi everyone,

I’m on my second month of Evorel Sequi patches and have to change them twice weekly.  I changed last night and put the patch on my upper thigh, but today have started spotting.  I have been putting them on my hip or very top of thigh, could the placement have caused the bleeding? I’m not on the last patch yet so feel it would be too early for the normal period.

Many thanks for any help!

Lisa xx

sheila99

Re: Can patch too low down cause breakthrough bleeding?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 04:24:17 PM »

Are you still peri? If you have a cycle of your own it's probably stronger than the hrt one, mine was. I had a natural 6 week cycle, always bled when my body wanted to, occasionally when evorel thought I should. I don't think the position of the patch is the problem.

Limpy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 06:16:00 PM »

I'm sure the exact position of the patch isn't that critical.

Las20

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 06:34:28 PM »

Hi thanks for your replies.  Yes I’m peri and have tried a few different hrt’s initially starting with elleste duet over a year ago, which were fantastic, but they were so difficult to get hold of. In the end I tried something called kliovance I think, that made me suicidal and now these. They are pretty good but not as good so far as elleste!

I was midway into my second box before I got my period the first time and it was very short considering my norm, but it’s only two weeks since I finished bleeding so wasn’t sure if I’d done something wrong and it needs to be closer to the area or something? Lol I must sound like a total loon, I blame the hormones! Lol

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 07:29:31 PM »

I must admit I put my patch (evorel conti - I'm well past peri) on my lower abdomen swapping from side to side.