Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Would Antidepressants Help  (Read 1465 times)

Michelle7474

Would Antidepressants Help
« on: July 05, 2021, 05:23:31 PM »

Hi all ( me again )
As I’ve posted before I’m 47 on Everol 50 sequi patches and I’m on week 9

Since being on these patches some things have improved but every now and again they come back but not as intense

I constantly get a fuzzy woozie
Feeling in my head can’t explain it .. & Aniexty/panic is through the roof also had some digestive problems which maybe acid reflux ( new to me)

I’m on warfarin as over 20 years ago I suffered with blood clots & have been on this medication for years , so I was so happy to get patches to try help my symptoms
I’ve never suffered with Aniexty/panic before,  only since perimenopause and at first i thought was the Conti patch where it started to get worse  but realised it don’t matter what patch I’m on when it comes it comes in force from no where

I’ve had enough now seriously getting way too much for me. Interferes with work and now not working because of this

I know the patches takes a while to settle into our systems but I don’t feel that they are gonna help take away this feeling

So was looking at options to take with HRT patches and been told a few times antidepressants would help

What’s your thoughts on this ??
I write everything down so on my 3 month check up I have it all down so I don’t forget ( brain fog )

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved :)
I’m worried in my self about antidepressants because I hear the first few weeks are bad .. any one with this experience ??

Shannonplussed

Re: Would Antidepressants Help
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 05:51:50 PM »

Sertraline/Zoloft certainly helps me. Everyone is different, but yes, the first few weeks on it was tough. Actually more like the first few days was tough. That anxious feeling was magnified to a very uncomfortable degree, and I may have had my first/only panic attack. Plus insomnia and diarrhea. But I stuck with it and that part passed quickly. It took a good three weeks to feel noticeable mood improvement. Then another 3 weeks to slightly increase my dosage to where I feel just right.

Michelle7474

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 06:11:48 PM »

Thankyou so much for replying , I’ve just spoke to my GP and he said that I can try them whenever I want too
But he is gonna do a 24 hour ECG for me to make sure it’s nothing more that’s causing Aniexty
I will be willing to do anything to feel myself :)

EllaAurora

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 07:50:21 PM »

Hi Michelle,

sorry to hear you continue feeling unwell :(

Unfortunately I can't help with the question as I don't have experience, but wanted to just drop a note and sympathise -it is such a hard time for so many of us.  ??? I hope other ladies here can share their experience with AD as I know it has helped many, and its great that you have a GP who is listening to you and supportive.

Hope you'll find a solution soon and please let us know how you get on! xx

Michelle7474

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 07:54:49 PM »

Thankyou EllaAurora
Yeah lucky enough they listen and rather than just presume it’s hormones Likes to do other things to rule out and ECG monitor is because Palpitations.. he said don’t wanna leave any stone unturned because at end .. it would onli be hormones left even though we all think it’s hormones ( peri menopause ) that as started this aniexty

Thank you for dropping a line I appreciate it ..I remember your name as it’s my granddaughters name :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 08:52:36 PM »

Sometimes anxiety levels are upset by hormone upheaval. 

That waking hormone cortisol was a horror story 4 me.  I would wake anytime after 3.00 a.m. in deep fear.  My GP gave me betablockas 2 take every night which helped, I was already taking antidepressants and some can apparently ease anxiety.  I have an as necessary pill if anxiety over takes me.

Some find that they require both for a while until they feel better. 

Michelle7474

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 09:04:37 PM »

Thankyou CLKD

The doctor who I spoke to in April before all this HRT prescribed me proponol I think it’s called but I never took ( side effects put me off ) thinking I would feel like doped up or dizzy etc so I never ever took .. I wish back then I tried all different things as I’m no better off months on.
Aniexty is horrendous I feel your pain.
Once I’ve had this ECG thingy Done & Got holiday out way ( not looking forward to that but been booked a long time ) then I think I’ve just gotta make my self take these things and pray that I have no side effects
Like everyone I want to just feel the old me again .. it seemed like over night I became an alien and different person
I’m 100% it’s hormonal as all full blood counts always come back fine.
Nothing else in my life can cause this.
2021 from start to now as been the crappiest year .. lockdown
then covid caught at work then hormones and nothing as got better 🤷‍♀️
I’m thankful to be here after having the virus. And I hope for better days :)
Thankyou for replying xx

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 10:03:01 PM »

Some people need ads as well as hrt but if it came with peri it's likely to be caused by oestrogen deficiency so hrt is a more appropriate treatment. Have you seen any improvement at all? Do you have other meno symptoms that aren't controlled? My anxiety took 3 months to go but I would expect you to have seen some improvement by week 9. Mine was very up and down in the early days. It might be that you need a higher dose particularly if you have other symptoms that aren't controlled but I would be inclined to give it the 3 months before you ask for more.

Michelle7474

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 10:10:48 PM »

Hi Sheila
At first most of the symptoms disappeared and I was thinking this is great
But as time as gone one they creep back but not so intense
I have had few hot flashes and fuzzy head & palpatations on and off but not daily
For me the aniexty is far the worst for me.
What would I increase ? As seems on both patches this is happening
And I always have cycle the day/night before I change from Evorel 50 to the Conti patch ..
so I know when my cycle is as it’s same day .. ( I did think I was meant to have cycle further into the Conti patches but this is how it’s worked out )
I sleep on and off and always have so that’s no problem to me.
Night sweats I’ve only experienced once ( thank god )

Michelle7474

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 10:12:20 PM »

Thankyou for replying shelia xx

Denise Didi

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2021, 10:41:43 PM »

For anxiety I found propopanol def helps and you only need to take when required. Sometimes my anxiety is worse than other times so when my breathing exercises don't work have my wee pink tablet. Esp if going somewhere or have a meeting my propopanol stops me worrying. Denise

Michelle7474

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2021, 10:44:40 PM »

Hi Denise
Thankyou for reply
Did you find they made you dizzy etc xx

sheila99

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 08:00:43 AM »

It's the oestrogen that controls your symptoms. As they are creeping back I would try a higher dose of oestrogen.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 08:08:13 AM »

I was prescribed Propranolol every night. 80mg 3 times a day for 4 weeks followed by 40mg twice a day for months; then dropped to 40mg for years, then down to 20mg until I stopped March 2020.

My anxiety chart is 1-5: 1 being aware, 5 being curled in a ball needing the emergency drug.

Michelle7474

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 09:15:02 AM »

Thankyou shelia & CLKD for replying

I will ask about this shelia on my 3 month  review .. I keep notes on my phone each week incase I forget :)

CLKD wow that’s a high dose .. they prescribed me 10mg & here’s me scared to take them. But they did say can send one or two 3 times a day if and when needed & at same time they had prescribed Escotalopram 5mg again didn’t take because of side effects and thinking this aniexty would go
Did or do you get drowsy on them ?

I’m due to go away on 15th for a week so I wouldnt start anything until that’s over
I’m not looking forward to going thinking the aniexty might appear but my husband said it happens we sit and relax until it passes .. he don’t understand it bless him but as I said to him, I don’t understand it myself :(

I look at people older than me and they seem to be going along life all happy go lucky .. just how I used to be & I always think surely it’s not just me that feels this way .. then I read on here and so many people with same problems
It’s good to talk and read others experiences but then I get sad that so many of us suffer I wish none of us had to live with this it’s  horrendous
Pages: [1] 2