Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Post menopause and struggling again  (Read 6506 times)

Postmeno3

Re: Post menopause and struggling again
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2021, 07:38:47 PM »

For me, it's just about staying open to everything, remaining curious. Suffering comes in many, many forms and, on a forum, we simply cannot know the lives behind the words and yet a great deal of kindness has been offered to you here. As Wrensong suggests, if this medium is adding to your anxiety levels, perhaps focus on those very fortunate ladies around you instead. Some people are very sensitive to forum content, but, as everyone has said, it's always here for you unconditionally. Go well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 09:34:49 PM by Postmeno3 »

Patchsmama

Re: Post menopause and struggling again
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2021, 10:51:47 AM »

Quite shocked at some of the responses on this thread.  Up until now, the forums here have come across as full of kind and empathic ladies, something which I have been incredibly grateful for as any responses I've received have been helpful and reassuring. 

I think the whole point of having a forum where people can find out information is that there will be a lot of 'negative' experiences that people need help with.  Why else would you write on such a forum?  I certainly wouldn't write to say how wonderful my post-menopause life is (which it isn't - sorry another negative on!) as I'd be out enjoying it.  My point is that it's so important to think about what we write before we post it.  I, too, struggle with huge health anxiety and this has increased since my surgical menopause 7 years ago.  No, I know that realistically we are not all the same, however, we do need to validate how others feel and, if I had no anxieties, I would count my blessings that I am not in that position. 

Thanks to all the ladies who are so helpful, often you give us hope to get on with life :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]