Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is anyone using Premarin with utrogestan ?  (Read 692 times)

pepperminty

Is anyone using Premarin with utrogestan ?
« on: July 04, 2021, 03:46:18 PM »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was using this regime? And if so how are you finding it?I know it is not usually  first choice.

Peppermintyxx

Rosie63

Re: Is anyone using Premarin with utrogestan ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 07:52:09 PM »

Hi Pepperminty.  I tried this regime and the reason I tried was because I was on Prempak for 12 years with no problems until it was discontinued and as Premarin is supposed to be similar, I gave it a go.  However, it didn’t work for me but I haven’t managed to find anything else that works for me since coming off Prempak, so it could just be me !

What’s your story and why are you enquiring about this regime ? Are you thinking of trying it ?

Rosie63 x

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 05:31:42 AM »

Hi Rosie63,

thank you for replying.  I was on prempac years ago and the estrogen part was great , but each month i got more and more tearful and hot and had no sleep on the progesterone phase- so i had to stop. I am on Femosten now , but it is not working so well and everytime i try to up to  up the dosage causes me problems . So I want to try a new regime again. I am looking into all options and ruminating at what might be my next best option.   It is the aches and pains that seem to have ramped up, to the point that I am unable to move very well at all. I have most of the other 30 something symptoms of meno too! I am up and down  like a cheap pair of knickers at the moment.  ::)

What a shame you haven't been able to find anything yet that suits you. Was it the utrogestan that did not work? The premarine is supposed to be the same and premapac. Have you tried the merina coil? Or another type of progesterone with it? Have you exhausted all options?
I used to be OK on the progesterone part of femosten, but even that now is not agreeing with me. 

I am with a meno clinic , but they are not very helpful and my GP states that he has no clue as to anything HRT or meno related.

Peppermintyxx

Rosie63

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 08:24:23 AM »

Morning Pepperminty.  I don’t think it’s progesterone that’s a problem for me but more the oestrogen.  I know that sounds odd but I’ve tried taking oestrogen on it’s own before adding the progesterone and still get some awful side effects.  I’ve tried tablets, patches and gel over the last 3+ years without little success.  I’m currently taking Indivina but only half a tablet every other day to try to keep a lid on the symptoms with as little side effects as possible as they seem worse than the symptoms sometimes. It’s a minefield isn’t it.  My GP seems pretty clued up but I think she’s a bit of a loss now ! I have also seen 2 private doctors, one of which said I might not ever find anything that suits me.  I was pretty unimpressed with this comment at the time but I think he could have been right !

So do you think it’s progesterone that you struggle with or the whole regimes you have tried ? Have you tried the gel yet ?  I did like the way you could adjust the dose of the gel but it really upset my stomach 😏  I think all you can do is keep trying Pepperminty and hopefully you will find something that suits you. The only thing I would say about Premarin is that it’s the old type of oestrogen and I’m sure you know it’s felt it’s produced unethically.  I didn’t know this when I took Prempak.  If Premarin had worked for me I’m not sure if I’d been happy taking it knowing what I know now, although there’s also the case of quality of life too.

Sorry for the long post and I really hope you find something soon.  Take care xx

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 02:03:52 PM »

Thanks Rosie63,

I think my issue is the progesterone ,  but I also believe that the estrogen in femosten is not the best for me. I know that the controversy regarding premarin, and would rather not use it. A gynae suggested it again as I had such a good result previously.

I hope you get some relief eventually.

I am going to have to take the plunge and change something  soon - as you say it is quality of life and that is what I do not have at the moment.

PMX