Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Starting new HRT regime, and some info which may be of interest!  (Read 651 times)

applejack

Hi

after my hassle with bleeding and scans and biopsies I've finally found a doctor who knows what's going on.  SHe's suggested a number of options - mpa, conti patch and also utro vaginally (I was taking it orally).

I may opt for sticking with utrogestan as apart from the bleeding I had none of the other side effects I got with femoston, and with mpa or a conti patch I just can't predict how that would go.  I guess vaginal gets it right to where it wants to be so the bleeding issue shouldn't recur, touch wood.

One question, and I know someone else has asked this but I'm also curious - how long does it take to dissolve and does it have any impact on your sex life if you put it in at night and your partner is around? I also know some of you use a finger to wedge it up there but how in the name of god - it's quite a small tablet, does it not just fall off?!

Secondly, it seems that the menopause soc are discussing vaginal use of utrogestan at the moment, so perhaps it will go from unlicensed to licensed use in the near future.  Which would be great news.

pepperminty

Re: Starting new HRT regime, and some info which may be of interest!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 07:11:50 AM »

Thanks this may help others

PMX