Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after surgery  (Read 976 times)

Janeydrew

Bleeding after surgery
« on: July 03, 2021, 06:55:01 AM »

Hi so I'm getting a little bit worried. I've been on the gel and progesterone pills for well over 2 years all was fine except I didn't bleed from Jan this year then started losing clots from early June. Rang the dr and since then has been fast tracked all the way through from having scans to camera to having surgery so initially they found polyps and my lining was very thick. So I had surgery on Wednesday to remove the polyps. When I woke up from surgery the surgeon said she could not find the polyps but has thinned out my linning. All was fine I went home the same night Thursday and Friday had some bad cramps which I expected but this morning I've started bleeding very heavy. Is this normal and how long would this last for many thanks for the answers in advance x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding after surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »

I don't know what is normal ......... it may be a 'period like' bleed due to the lining being thinned.  U could ring the Dept you were treated on?  Again, lack of advice given  :-\.  Let us know.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 08:24:24 AM »

Were you given a number to call if you had problems after surgery? If so I'd give them a call for advice and reassurance rather than worry about what might be happening.

Do you know what procedure you had to thin the lining?

Taz x  :hug:

Janeydrew

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 08:33:55 AM »

To be honest I have no idea what was done other than the surgeon said she had thinned out the linning I don't know how this was done. Yes I've been given a number to ring if I have problems. The trouble is I'm not sure if this is a problem or completely normal x

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 08:37:10 AM »

Why not just give them a ring? The sooner the better before staff change and detail less immediately recalled? It will give you clarity and that's always a good thing. Let us know what they have to say?

Janeydrew

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 09:02:03 AM »

So I've just spoken to the hospital apparently its quite normal to have some bleeding it's unusual if I'm using a pad in half hour which I'm not so she said by Monday I should start to see some improvement if the bleeding so thanks guys x

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 10:05:53 AM »

👍

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2021, 11:54:58 AM »

Well done.  Did U ask where the leaflet giving advice might be 'cos it obviously wan't given to you!  Also, a Surgeon should have discussed with U prior to intervention what she might be doing depending on what she found.  Was it under a GA?

Get those feet 🦶 up, cuppa ☕️ to hand, men on Lycra on ITV4 - U know, those 🚴‍♀️ ........  :whist: Do U have pain relief to take?

Janeydrew

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2021, 02:35:34 PM »

Yes it was under general. I did speak with the surgeon before bit she just said she would remove the polyp and have a good look around while I was asleep. Then when I was in recovery is when she said she had thinned the womb and couldn't find a polyp. My discharge notes just say biopsy was taken and hysteroscopy.  I did think I would bleed but thought it was strange that it wasn't straight away. So just chilling today hopefully the bleeding will stop x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2021, 02:44:45 PM »

:hug: