Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Breast Pain  (Read 1067 times)

JoannFran

Breast Pain
« on: June 30, 2021, 08:03:23 PM »

Good evening everyone

I'm 46 and have been experiencing lots of perimenopause symptoms for a year now.  My GP has prescribed Estrogel and Utrogestan but I struggled with the Utrogestan making me feel awful so I've been trying to manage without anything at the moment.

The past few days I've had a burning/stinging/tingling pain in the outer part of my right breast.  I've had cyclical breast pain before but this is in a different area.  My nipple also feels sensitive. 

I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and if it was another perimenopause symptom?  I don't want to keep rushing to the DR with every little niggle but it's worrying me.  Can we get new perimenopause symptoms randomly?  I thought I was just gonna get the anxiety/palpitations/insomnia/bloating/digestive problems/leg aches/headaches/headzaps/fatigue/loss of libido/nausea but it seems like there's more to come  :'(

Any advice greatfully appreciated

Thank you x

Hurdity

Re: Breast Pain
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »

Hi JoannFran

Breast pain.sensitivity is often a sign of either increased oestrogen or increased progesterone and is common in peri-menopause as well as when taking HRT. If it doesnt settle then your dose probably needs tweaking.

If you are worried though, do consult your doc - especially as you are below the age for routine mammograms. Also make sure you get to know their contours so to speak - by regular self-examination.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast Pain
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 07:20:52 PM »

MayB keep a note for 2 weeks then if you continue to be worried, contact your Practice Nurse?  Perhaps make the appt anyway in case there's a waiting list ......... let us know.