Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Starting Evorel Sequi - too early?  (Read 656 times)

jorainbow

Starting Evorel Sequi - too early?
« on: July 01, 2021, 12:05:54 PM »

After a chat with my GP at my smear she suggested HRT patches for the low mood I was experiencing at the time (pre period).  Still regular though have missed a couple and either an odd day heavy or prolonged and light so obviously changing.  Symptoms are mainly mood based around periods (increased anxiety and low mood either before or after I start), migraines (at the same time) and some dryness which I use Yes WB for if needed.  Is it too early to start HRT?  I have no hot flushes (I know I might be one of the lucky ones!) and periods whilst irritating at times are nothing that I cant cope with. GP was a tad clueless so any advise would be welcome!

pepperminty

Re: Starting Evorel Sequi - too early?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 04:51:41 PM »

Hi,

I posted a link to Loiuse newson's podcast 089. She has women on HRT in there teens , so I suspect not too early as you are only replacing what you have lost.  Have a listen to it and you will be more informed and confident in your choice.

Pepperminty xx

jorainbow

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 08:14:03 PM »

Thanks for this I'll have a listen!

jorainbow

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 11:51:28 AM »

Very interesting listen thanks. Still confused! I think due to years of pmt, polycyclic ovaries and not needing hormonal contraception since being sterilised in 1998, I'm not sure I want to mess things about until its really necessary.  If I take it does it regulate periods? Sorry I not clear on it at all!