Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Concentrated urine on Vagifem?  (Read 1578 times)

Postmeno3

Concentrated urine on Vagifem?
« on: July 01, 2021, 12:08:08 PM »

Hi,
Has anyone found their urine has become more concentrated with Vagifem use? I'm not sure if this is the case with me and it may be a getting used to it issue, but I am reddening just on the internal side and a bit sore/inflamed which going for a wee seems to exacerbate?
Thanks!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Concentrated urine on Vagifem?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 02:12:19 PM »

What colour is your wee?  Unlikely to be anything 2 do with vaginal atrophy treatment, however if acidic, urine can sting . 

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 04:54:49 PM »

Hi,
vgifem can cuse a bit of soreness in some as it wakes the tissues up. Therefore it can feel a little bit more sore to pee. Try using some 0.01%estriol cream on the outside too as some ladies need both together.

Pepperminty xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 07:21:18 PM »

Urine won't become more concentrated as it issues from the kidneys.  What colour is your urine?

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 07:45:02 PM »

Wee is normal, straw-ish. I think, as Pepperminty said, it's the tissues waking up and possibly a bit of imbalance meantime. Thanks, guys!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 08:09:11 PM »

The first pee of the dark is dark and may be smelly.  As we rehydrate it should be no lighter than straw colour  ;).  So it's not the 'vagifem' ..........

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 08:15:47 PM »

It's maybe not the Vagifem per se, but the impact of waking tissue. Interestingly, wee smells different in the two days I don't use Vagifem.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 08:17:20 PM »

Mine often smells of sulphur  ::) usually when I haven't drunk enough.

Postmeno3

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 08:23:33 PM »

I want to watch my diet, too. I know there are mixed opinions on how relevant this is, but this past while I've had far too many seasonal soft fruits. I read that alkaline approaches may be more helpful.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 08:26:46 PM »

Oh don't get me started on the soft fruit season  ;D  :-X .......... but it's such a short time that I tend to accept any differences as I know it will go back once I stop eating plums, raspberries, strawberries  ;)

Postmeno3

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 09:25:58 AM »

I'm figuring out that the Vagifem may be causing a PH imbalance till it's accepted and therefore, with the urethra so nearby, peeing is causing this sense of overstimulation and sensitivity. I noted somebody saying they wash with E45 wash and rinse with tepid water after every pee and maybe I need to do that to reduce this slight inflamed state. Just water is drying seemingly? I took some D-Mannose last night and this morning which settled it all almost straight away, but don't want to overdo the D-Mannose and reduce its impact with frequency. I really want to get this figured out! Possibly some of the moisture created by the Vagifem is going to seep into the immediate external area, hence the thought that it has to be, albeit indirectly, the Vagifem? Does anyone else include a washing regime after every pee which is helpful? Thanks!!!!!!!