Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Studd regime - 7 days utrogestan  (Read 1281 times)

honeyblossom

Studd regime - 7 days utrogestan
« on: June 23, 2021, 07:55:12 PM »

Hi there

I’m on month 2 of low dose Utrogestan ( 7 days 100mg ) and I’ve not had a withdrawal bleed either time. Is this normal? I’m definitely on enough oestrogen. Very concerned this isn’t going to work for me because I’m pretty much at last chance saloon progesterone- wise ( I’m extremely intolerant ) scared I will be taken off it and left without any HRT options
Can anyone offer any pearls of wisdom please?

Gilla999

Re: Studd regime - 7 days utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 05:36:05 AM »

Same here - I didn't have a withdrawal bleed after 7 days of Utrogestan  :-\  Not sure what to do now either as am also extremely intolerant

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 08:17:10 AM »

How much oestrogen are you on? Are you taking utro orally or vaginally? If oestrogen is low dose it might be that there hasn't been a build up. According to Dr Newson you can halve the utro dose if you use it vaginally but that would still be 12 days x 100mg. I'm late peri and bleed about 50% of cycles (tried 12 days x 100mg but didn't bleed so am back on 200mg) and have asked the same question but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. Personally if gp won't scan I would arrange my own if you don't have a bleed in the next month or two. As Studd patients are private I think they will be scanned?
Gilla999 did you find out how much it costs?

Gilla999

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 08:30:36 AM »

Yes I agree Sheila - if only for the peace of mind I would prefer to scan if I'm either not having a bleed or doing less than the official recommended Utro. I contacted Ultrasound Direct as recommended by Hurdity and they charge £135 and said this:

"I have spoken to our sonographer about your enquiry and they have advise me the pelvic Well woman scan would be ideal as she  would want to check your ovaries also to make sure there are no underlying issues. Please see all the details below
Well Woman Pelvic Scan - £135
We will perform a detailed scan to look at the size, shape and condition of the:

uterus
lining of the womb
both ovaries
pelvic area

Common examples for having this ultrasound scan are the detection or exclusion of:

fibroids
ovarian cysts
polycystic ovaries
pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 08:40:32 AM »

Morning.  Do you mean Professor Studd's regime?   How long have you been on this particular Trial and Error?  It may take a while for the body to uptake a change of HRT which could mean tweaking until something works.  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary?

Sparkler

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 08:30:16 PM »

Hi there

Just to throw into the mix, I do 12 days per month of Utro at 200 mg a day and rarely have a bleed. I was referred for a scan and then hysteroscopy but all is well. A scan is a good idea in my view.

Sparkler
x

juliemargaret

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 08:23:38 AM »

Hi ladies. I am on 100mg utrogestan vaginally (own decision) and now trialling  4 pumps gel . I have had 2 cycles of utro and both times I had a very light bleed on day 9 whilst on utrogestan and for about 2/3 days. Not sure if was my own period or breakthrough but think my own as was exact and I also managed to sync my cycle with starting the hrt.
I was though wondering why so light a bleed both times ? My own periods differ each time sometimes light sometimes heavy for a day but never this light . Should I be concerned? I feel like my body needs a good release in terms of a food period/bleed! I’m
Not feeling the best at the moment . I’m 2 weeks on 4 pumps gel and on day 7 of gel alone days so got another week before I start my utro again. I’ve been on hrt for 8 weeks . Not feeling great really. Very flat tired zero motivation .