Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi new here, struggling bit here looking for advice  (Read 1342 times)

Anniemac2020

• First Flush
Hi new here, struggling bit here looking for advice
« on: June 28, 2021, 05:18:56 PM »

Hi guys am new here, honestly this has helped me already as i had no one to talk too, I didn't realise how much symptoms are hormone related
I am 52 not had a period for about 3 months now, I  am usually so out going and bouncing about, but about 7/8 weeks ago I started getting major anxiety and panic attacks out the blue, had some anxiety and panic years ago, but this was of the scale actually felt like I was going mad. I phoned the doctor its still phone appointments only and he wanted to put me on anti depressants, I knew I wasn't depressed so called back and asked about HRT, so now i am on day 13 of elleste Duet,  after about day 8 I started feeling a lot calmer, but as from last Friday my heart keeps racing and been feeling so dizzy, which has made my anxiety rise again, are these side effects? And I know I need to give them time to work, thanks for reading my ramblings  :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 06:08:02 PM by Anniemac2020 »

jaypo

Re: Hi new here, struggling bit here looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 06:15:27 PM »

Hi there and welcome to the forum,anxiety and panic attacks were the worst for me,like you,the first thing the Dr offered was ADs and I knew I didn't really need them,ended up I couldn't stomach them anyway.
I'm not on HRT but I'm sure someone will be along to advise you soon,I'm pretty sure some ladies need to try a few different HRT treatments to find the one that suits them best.
Palpitations are also a meno issue,pop it in the search and you'll see how many of us suffer from them

Anniemac2020

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 06:20:26 PM »

Hi aww thank you for taking time to reply, the search has been so helpful  :)
Yeah the anxiety is horrible, I know I probably need to give the HRT a few months to see if it suits me or not x

Rathead

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »

Hi Anniemac
Like Jaypo I am not on HRT so can not offer any HRT related help. Just wanted to say that I posted a few weeks ago for the first time because of the overwhelming anxiety.
I am also 52, last bleed about 3 months ago, I have been having mild peri symptoms for a while but a few weeks back I was hit with the most terrifying episode of anxiety, fear, doom, palpitations,flat feeling etc. I spoke to my GP who also was focusing on depression. I spoke about HRT to the GP, she’s been on holiday since our phone appointment so that’s been delayed. Hopefully someone can pass their experience and knowledge onto you. X

Anniemac2020

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 07:23:41 PM »

Hi hun i could have written that myself thats exactly what I had too it was horrific, the feelings of doom was awful and am not depressed I know that, the doom feeling has eased of a bit but my anxiety is still pretty high, hopefully you can get something sorted  soon don't think we should have to suffer nowadays xx

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 09:57:01 PM »

Hi Anniemac. Ive been on a patch HRT for fourteen years so understand a bit about it.  It can take three months before you know whether a particular HRT is right for you so try to persevere. I think you are still on the oestrogen only tablets? When you change to the conti ones you may find you feel differently too. I believe that the progesterone in Elleste is Norethisterone and this particular one can cause PMT  type symptoms in some women but this may resolve within the first three months. I'm just mentioning it in case you wonder why you may start feeling more irritable or low.  Fingers crossed you will be fine with it.

Anxiety is horrible and some on here have found that they need both HRT and an anti depressant to control it so please know that this is an option if HRT alone doesn't quite fix it for you.

Taz x   :welcomemm: