Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Reed Diffusers  (Read 1680 times)

holidaylover

Reed Diffusers
« on: June 16, 2021, 02:32:36 PM »

Hi
Wondering if anyone can recommend a good reed diffuser, nothing too expensive.  I have tried several but they dont seem to keep their scent for long.  I know the Jo Malone ones are meant to be really good but far too expensive.  Any nice alternatives?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Reed Diffusers
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 02:37:43 PM »

I had one given me last year: 3 reeds into a pot of oils - stood in a room we don't use with that door open, it wafted for 3 months.  I shook it occasionally.

Can't remember the name. I don't think that many last unless the reeds are particularly thick.  Probably gets what you pays for?  If a Jo Malone lasts longer ......... is it for you or a gift?

holidaylover

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 02:44:37 PM »

It's just for me to sit in front hallway.  Jo Malones are about £65.00!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »

Criky - buy pots of lavender, about to come into flower?  Brushed each time you pass by?  Another on the bathroom windowsill. They can be planted into the garden/pots in Sept. ;-)

littleminnie

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 05:33:23 PM »

Aldi do the copies of the Jo Malone diffusers.  No.1. From there is really nice and costs about £4

applespider

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 08:06:24 PM »

I really like the Skandinavisk range - which seem to last really well and give out a lovely scent (particularly if you turn the sticks every so often).  I cheat and buy the refill - and put it into an old bottle with the new reeds - which takes about a third off the price.  I also only use about half the reeds - as then it seems to last twice as long.

The Koto reminds me of that lovely scent of left-over amber/vanilla perfume that sometimes lingers.  I've got another which smells just like fresh sheets which is lovely in the bedroom. 

holidaylover

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 03:54:14 PM »

Thanks, I'll have a wee look at the Scandinavisk ones.