Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estradot  (Read 1884 times)

jaycee

Estradot
« on: June 21, 2021, 03:47:30 PM »

Anyone know if there is a shortage?. my daughter was put on that with utrageston, but now can't get it,told there is a shortage, but can buy it privately
Also Femseven Conti, which was the first HRT she tried and suited her, says on the list on MM it is still unavailable, but seen some ladies on here say they can get it

Salad

Re: Estradot
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 04:51:03 PM »

I’ve just got 6 boxes from my local chemist. They had to order them.  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 05:55:27 PM »

I was on Estradot for years byut when there was a shortage a couple of years ago I was put onto Elleste Solo and have been on it ever since and it's great - just as good I would say - just a bit bigger. Maybe even sticks better?

Hurdityt x

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 07:26:23 PM »

Thanks all i will pass this on,she has been offered something else similiar,but can't remember the name
Is the Ellest to be used with utrogestan  as well?
Just spoke to her,she said they are giving her ones just called Evoral
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 07:31:27 PM by jaycee »

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 09:00:49 PM »

I'm on Evorel. Suits me fine.

Taz x

applejack

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 11:10:53 AM »

When there were bad shortages last year my Doctor switched the prescription from Estradot 50 to Estradiol 50, so the pharmacist could give me whatever was in stock should estradot not been available.  I had evorel 50 a couple of times which was fine, just bigger.

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 11:22:06 AM »

*Taz2* Is it just Evoral,? not conti,or anything after Evorol,i didn't know there was just an Evoral,only conti or sequi

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 05:58:56 AM »

I'm on Evorel 50 which is just the oestrogen patch as I've had a hysterectomy and don't need to add in a progesterone. It's the same patch that's in the sequi for the first two weeks of the month.

Taz x

jaycee

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 11:14:56 AM »

My daughter has been given Evoral 100, not sure what strength she was on before,on the Estradot
She has been having a lot of diarrhea episodes, no one seems to ne able to find a reason for it,also bad bloating
She looks at least 7 months pregant,i wonder if it could be the HRT although she has Crohns ,but not had any problems for years,and consultant says it is nothing to do with that,
After a lot of tests and various thyroid tests ,her thyroid came out very mild, at the time she thought it could be the thyroid meds they tried her on
There is something called Microscopic Colitis, they are looking into that,
Also going to have a colonoscopy next week

Nik2502

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2021, 11:54:40 AM »

I was on Estradot for years byut when there was a shortage a couple of years ago I was put onto Elleste Solo and have been on it ever since and it's great - just as good I would say - just a bit bigger. Maybe even sticks better?

Hurdityt x

Do you know they’ve now stopped producing the Elleste Solo?  :(

Jasmine20

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2021, 04:09:00 PM »

The British Menopause Society have an update from May 2021 about HRT availability on their website:

'Following temporary shortages on some of our Estradot range we can now provide the following stock update.

Estradot TTS-75 due to manufacturing constraints, we unfortunately anticipate temporary stock shortage of Estradot TTS-75. At the moment, we expect delays to stock from April 9, with supplies returning to normal levels within approximately 8 weeks. The DHSC has issued a Serious Shortage Protocol (SSP) to allow community pharmacists to dispense either Estraderm MX 75 or Evorel 75 patches in lieu of Estradot 75 patches to mitigate for this. Pharmacists will be required to notify the GPs of any switch in accordance with this SSP.

We understand shortages such as these can cause great uncertainty for patients and we are working hard to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. We encourage any patient affected by this shortage to speak with their doctor or pharmacist for information on available options.

Supplies of Estradot TTS-25, Estradot TTS-37.5, Estradot TTS-50 and Estradot TTS-100 are unaffected.

Estradot 37.5mg has been QA released and is now available to order.

If you are a healthcare professional and would like further information, please contact the Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Medical Information Services by email; [email protected] or by phone; +44 1276 698370'

Salad

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2021, 05:04:55 PM »

The British Menopause Society have an update from May 2021 about HRT availability on their website:

'Following temporary shortages on some of our Estradot range we can now provide the following stock update.

Estradot TTS-75 due to manufacturing constraints, we unfortunately anticipate temporary stock shortage of Estradot TTS-75. At the moment, we expect delays to stock from April 9, with supplies returning to normal levels within approximately 8 weeks. The DHSC has issued a Serious Shortage Protocol (SSP) to allow community pharmacists to dispense either Estraderm MX 75 or Evorel 75 patches in lieu of Estradot 75 patches to mitigate for this. Pharmacists will be required to notify the GPs of any switch in accordance with this SSP.

We understand shortages such as these can cause great uncertainty for patients and we are working hard to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. We encourage any patient affected by this shortage to speak with their doctor or pharmacist for information on available options.

Supplies of Estradot TTS-25, Estradot TTS-37.5, Estradot TTS-50 and Estradot TTS-100 are unaffected.

Estradot 37.5mg has been QA released and is now available to order.

If you are a healthcare professional and would like further information, please contact the Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Medical Information Services by email; [email protected] or by phone; +44 1276 698370'

Thank you  :)