Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Clammy Feet & Hands & Aniexty  (Read 1509 times)

Michelle7474

Clammy Feet & Hands & Aniexty
« on: June 26, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »

Hi everyone
I’m a newbie , always browsing
I’ve posted on newbie before
I started Evorel Sequi patches 8 weeks ago .. currently box 2 & on patch 3 of the Conti due to change tomorrow
From beginning I noticed palpitations had stopped .. hot flashes wasn’t so bad .. forgetful ness got better and generally aches and pains subsided

Well now I’m further along and aniexty is still the worse ever feeling & this week as been the worst aniexty wise & outer body feeling ( woozy head )
But I’m also suffering burning by my ribs & that’s been treated with omperzole ( pain as subsided ) don’t know it was related to peri menopause but who knows 🤷‍♀️
Sweaty feet … more of a clammy feeling it’s strange as I’ve never had this before until I was going through all these symptoms of what they called long covid to which I know was hormones

Anyone else get this ??

I’m hoping these patches help with the aniexty as I say this week as been the worse ever for me like each day but dunno whether my digestive problems ( whatever it may be are making it worse )

Pleaseeeeeee hormones do one
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 12:41:25 PM by Michelle7474 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Clammy Feet & Hands & Aniexty
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »

Hi! do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?

What do U wear on your feet? I live in socks in the day so my feet feel sticky: yes clammy : sometimes, my heels are very dry so require Nivea rubbed in nightly.  I hate bare feet  :D

Hormones can cause sweating until the body becomes used to it.  Anxiety can also cause palm, under arm, between the legs and feet sweating.  😓 When I come down from an anxiety attack I pee a lot!

Baby talc in the socks/slippers/shoes will help.  A good quality hand cream regularly may well help especially if your hands are in and out of water.  Helps evaporation.

Anxiety if not eased by HRT - which can take 4-6 months 2 feel benefit: can be helped by appropriate anti-anxiety medication. Once the balance is improved the medication can be eased off.  Let us know how you get on.

Michelle7474

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 03:04:54 PM »

Hi CLKD
Thanks for replying
I’ve been keeping notes of any symptoms and feelings moods etc , so when I have my 3 month review , I won’t forget anything :)
I wear flip flops , trainers or indoors bare foot .. just noticed it a lot lately
Hands are no so bad .. and sweating other places isn’t bad .. I don’t sweat much to be honest apart from feet are clammy 😂😂

Yeah I’m hoping with aniexty that the patches help and calm it down .. I don’t want medication if I can help it but obviously if it’s gets worse I would try anything to feel my normal self
I’m hoping this past week is a blip before it gets better ( dreaming ) most people have told me they got a bad week or 2 but stuck with it … so I’m gonna do that too

I always look on this site as we are all in same place as in bloody horrendous hormones lol
And I like reading all the happy endings and people finally feeling them selves
Thankyou again for replying
I appreciate it xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 07:30:31 PM »

Flip flops and trainers may exacerbate the problem + recent warm weather.  The thought of anything between my toes  :o  :-X and I rarely walk barefooted.  I got into the bath in my socks the other evening  ;D

It mayB that HRT is causing an over reaction and stimulating the sweat glands. There is a condition which sometimes requires surgical intervention to cut sweat glands .  However, I do remember during my menstruating years that I sweated a lot but can't remember which part of my cycle.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 12:39:49 AM »

I used to get anxiety and PMT symptoms when on the Evorel conti patch. Norethisterone is well known for this side effect in some women. Do you find you are more anxious during the second half of the month?

Taz x