Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 929 times)

Nickijc

• First Flush
« on: June 23, 2021, 05:35:28 PM »

Hi everyone, I am 50 years old and have been suffering with mood swings, hot flushes, no sex drive and vaginal dryness for quite a while now. I have been to my doctor on and off for around 3 years and have finally been prescribed Elleste patches. I have the mirena coil in so can only have oestrogen apparently. My question is how long will it be before I start to feel a difference. I started 10 days ago and if anything I feel worse at the moment. Does anyone else use these patches, and if so did your sex drive return? I look forward to receiving some advice from any of you out there that can help ...thank you  :bighug:

Dotty

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 05:39:14 PM »

Hi and welcome  :)
Your GP has prescribed you the correct hrt as the Mirena acts as the progesterone component. It’s a good combination.
The advice is to give the hrt 3 months to work…. You may see some improvements before this, but you’ve got to wait for the oestrogen to build up in your body. X

Nickijc

• First Flush
Re: Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 06:30:53 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I think I’m just inpatient lol. I just want to start feeling better and hopefully that will start happening soon.