Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is this normal? HRT first cycle  (Read 772 times)

Ecl

Is this normal? HRT first cycle
« on: June 19, 2021, 09:30:29 AM »

Hi, 10 days ago I started oestrogen gel (Sandrena 0.5). After a week, I noticed that the night sweats and hot flushes were reducing with none during the day and then they would restart about 4pm, but very few and I did have one night without any. I also felt a bit more motivated too but that could just be positive thinking! I then started taking utrogestan 3 nights ago, and all my hot flushes and sweats have returned, however I am still more positive and have more energy - I have just run 10k for the first time ever when I usually do 5k.
My question is, is it normal for the sweats and flushes to return on progesterone? Will this stop with repeated use as hopefully my oestrogen levels rise? Does the fact that the flushes reduced mean I am on the right dose?
Thank you wise women for all of your help.

sheila99

Re: Is this normal? HRT first cycle
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 11:08:53 AM »

I would give it the 3 months and think of changing to a different progestin if it hasn't settled. Flushes are usually a good indication the dose is right and usually go within a couple of weeks.

Ecl

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 10:55:00 AM »

Thank you Sheila

Fairy1808

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 07:20:20 AM »

AZ vaccine has definitely brought all my meno symptoms back since having it. Due my 2nd jab on 14th and dreading it. Reported on Yellow Cars site but gutted they aren’t mixing jabs yet as they r in other countries. Guess they will just quote  that the benefits outweigh the risks !  Might mention to doctor to see if upping my HrT spray would help.

Sparkler

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 05:02:57 PM »

Hi there
I do usually have a slight increase in symptoms during the utrogestan phase, but then I slept so much better so it’s swings and roundabouts.
I guess it depends how much worse you feel.
Sparkler
x