Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can I use estring AND ovestin internally  (Read 1077 times)

Ljp

Can I use estring AND ovestin internally
« on: June 19, 2021, 09:37:25 AM »

Hi,
I’ve been in systemic HRT  (3 pumps oestrogel and mirena coil) for 5 years and also used estring for VA for the same amount of time. I paid privately 4 years ago and had an initial course of Mona Lisa laser treatment and have had top ups since then too. Also been using testosterone since for over a year.
Despite all that my bladder is still a residual problem, frequency and urgency, I am currently trying trospium.
My question is, can I use ovestin alongside my estring? Thinking extra oestrogen might be what’s needed to help bladder as never had this problem prior to menopause!
I am thinking I might try as I have mirena to protect my uterus lining. Getting to the point when I’ll try anything!!

Ljp

Re: Can I use estring AND ovestin internally
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 07:21:35 PM »

Any thoughts please?

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 08:52:18 PM »

I don't see why you shouldn't, as the Estring is estradiol and Ovestin is estriol, so two different oestrogens. It might not help the frequency, but I suppose it's worth a try. Have you considered that you might have an embedded UTI?
JP x

Ljp

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 11:16:38 PM »

I don't see why you shouldn't, as the Estring is estradiol and Ovestin is estriol, so two different oestrogens. It might not help the frequency, but I suppose it's worth a try. Have you considered that you might have an embedded UTI?
JP x
Thank you, I’ve never had any tests, it’s all diagnosed by symptoms only
VA was diagnosed by gynae but never had any tests for bladder  problems, only medication.
I’ve only ever had three episodes of cystitis in my life, two when I was in my twenties and one over 10 years ago, how would I know if I have an embedded infection? And how would I find out?