Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New to here :o)  (Read 904 times)

minnie01

• First Flush
New to here :o)
« on: June 14, 2021, 12:14:33 PM »

Hello there, I have found your site thanks to my Doctor mentioning it.  I wonder if anyone can help / advise me please.  I am nearly 44, have been on Cerezette (a progesterone only pill) for 7 years, came off it last September as I was finding increasing bouts of anxiety on a daily basis.  Ironically I stopped taking it and the daily unwelcome anxiety seemed to disperse. (It was like I'd got rid of something from under my skin). However, since then I am now finally getting monthly's again.  I have kept a diary as when I am due on my anxiety becomes crippling, I'm very emotional and feel very depressed (which is gut wrenching).  The doctor has suggested a new Pill called Millinette?  I tried this for a week and couldn't stop crying every day whilst on it.  Hence I stopped.  The Doctor has mentioned HRT to me.  If I am in the 'perimenopausal' stage can I take this?  It's such a regular clockwork of events and I find it crippling when I'm due on.  Or if I'm not in this phase of my life could it be detrimental to my body?  Thanks in advance for your time.  Oh I also had a blood test of some kind that came back as 'normal' I'm guessing that was to test hormone levels.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to here :o)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »

Hi! do ring and ask what the blood tests were for, your GP should have done VitD levels, thyroid function etc. - he/she may have included hormone levels but they are reliably unreliable  ::)

How is your diet overall?  I had PMS and was advised to eat every 3 hours, 24/7 to stop that awful energy dip.  Do U think that the anxiety and depression are hormonally linked, if so, appropriate HRT may well ease symptoms. Perhaps keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.

Peri-menopause can last for ages to HRT is useful to help symptoms. 

minnie01

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 09:48:52 AM »

Thanks for your reply CLKD.  Diet is good, I'm very aware of trying to eat the right things to help my head.  Yes I do think the anxiety / depression is hormonally linked, like clock work when I'm due on  :( Do you have any advice on 'bio identical' items at all or is there a link on this website?  I suppose I really need to know what my hormones are doing before I start messing around with synthetic drugs.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 10:40:01 AM »

Hi minnie01.

Yes you can use HRT during peri-menopause - some GP's wont prescribe it but it can be very beneficial. Have a good look around this site to find out which HRT you might like to try. There are lots of different ones and different regimes so it can be a bit confusing but you can always ask a question on here and someone will get back to you with their knowledge and advice. The menu is at the top of the screen detailing treatments etc.

You will be prescribed a sequential HRT which means you use oestrogen only for the first two weeks of each month and the for the second two weeks a progesterone is added to the oestrogen. When you begin the next month of oestrogen only treatment the withdrawal of the progesterone gives (usually) a withdrawal bleed. This protects the womb lining by keeping it thinner. I've always used patch HRT as I've found this easier but there are pills and gels as well. It can take up to three months to really know whether a particular HRT is right for you.

This is the decision tree found under treatments https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/tree.php  There is an article here from our own Menopause Matters monthly magazine which you may find useful https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-bioidentical-hormones.php

Taz x  :welcomemm: