Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Conti patches dose  (Read 1156 times)

linz57

Conti patches dose
« on: June 06, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a specific reason why conti  patches are only available in a medium dose?

Orba

Re: Conti patches dose
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 03:02:47 PM »

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a specific reason why conti  patches are only available in a medium dose?
Hey,I don't know the answer but would be interested  in any response
I've been on the  patches for 4 weeks and in the last few days have had horrible cramps so I've decided to cut mine in half therefore making my dose low. !
Are you having problems with the dosage?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 03:22:45 PM »

I don't know the answer but imo it would be better if they produced a progesterone only patch so you could use it with any strength of oestrogen.

linz57

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »

Orba,  I’m finding I need a higher dose and don’t want to change to a different regime as generally this one suits me. It’s only since I had my COVID vaccine that I’ve started having a problem ,so I’ve been using a patch and a half.
Sheila 99, wouldn’t that be great? I don’t understand why it can’t be done as there’s progesterone in a conti patch🤔

Orba

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 05:36:48 PM »

We 're all so different aren't we . It would be great to have it tailor made.
Am I right in thinking the oestrogen and progesterone need to be equal in dosage though ?
I think  I react more to progesterone but if I used extra oestrogen It may cause an imbalance !!

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 08:52:30 PM »

That only seems to apply if you use a patch. If you use utrogeston it's the same dose regardless of how much oestrogen you use.

Orba

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 09:20:53 PM »

That only seems to apply if you use a patch. If you use utrogeston it's the same dose regardless of how much oestrogen you use.
Oh I didn't know that ! Interesting and good to know .Thanks

linz57

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 09:50:37 PM »

I suppose when we use half a patch we don’t know if the hormones are evenly distributed and therefore we could be getting an unbalanced dose. I just don’t know.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 07:47:11 PM »

I was advisd by the meopause clinic not to increase the dose of patches as they said it would likely lead to more side effects from the increased progesterone. They suggested if I needed to increase the oestrogen that I take progesterone seperately, mirena, provera or utrogestan

linz57

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 06:40:49 PM »

Thank you for the information Shropshire Lass, to be fair I don’t mind the effects of progesterone as it keeps me calmer and helps me sleep better, but I might go back down to just the one patch for balance and add in more  Vagifem. I just can’t face changing to a new regime now, I’ve tried gel and utrogestan and the utro ramped my tinnitus up and made it unbearable, I tried a Mirena once but had to have it removed as it caused such discomfort and I don’t fancy tablets now at almost 64 years old. Oh I do sound awkward don’t I? 🤣

shrosphirelass

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 06:52:14 PM »

linz57, I know exactly where you are coming from! I really would like to increase my dose due to awful hot flashes and dizziness, that are becomiung increasingly debilitating but don't want to change regime as evorel conti controils my headaches and has mostly been good. My drs keen for me to try a mirena and lenzetto but I'm not keen on the mirena/

linz57

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 06:19:56 AM »

Doctors do seem to push the Mirena coil, I just think it would be much simpler if Evorel Conti was available in various doses. I might contact the suppliers and ask the reason why they’re only in 50 mg strength.

CarryWarry

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 03:57:39 PM »

I have the evorel conti 50 patch and my gynae said I have the option to add a pump of Estrogel if I need it, as the progestorone is enough in the patch.  So far I'm okay without gel though despite having loads in my bathroom drawer!!

shrosphirelass

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 07:21:55 PM »

Interesting CarryWarry, I was told that I couldn't add gel, which is what I would like to try. I have experienced a lot of bleeding there's no way my GP will do anything outside the standard dose.