Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: 3rd month HRT - developed breast discomfort  (Read 683 times)

Midlifecrises72

• First Flush
3rd month HRT - developed breast discomfort
« on: June 16, 2021, 06:22:50 PM »

Hi. Newbie here! 

After years of problems with hot flushes, anxiety, brain fog, no sleep, extremely heavy periods (resulting in a Novasure ablation) I finally gave up trying to get help from my NHS GP and went private. Blood test revealed postmenopausal (age 49). Private GP prescribed 1 pump oestrogel and 200mg Ustrogen for 12 days (day 15-26) and to increase to 2 pumps after a month. I'm on month 3 (having used 2 pumps a day for the last 2 months). Last month the 2 pumps resulted in better sleep, anxiety reduced and no hot flushes. However this month (today is day 10) and for the last week I've been like an emotional teenager crying at the slightest thing and my boobs are really tender. Could it be too much gel?  I have googled it and scared myself (my mum had breast cancer) and so it does worry me.

Also, I bled after the first month but the following two I have had no bleeding at all after finishing the Ustrogen. I'm presuming this is due to the ablation I had but just wondering what people's thoughts/experiences are. I have my follow up appointment in 4 weeks but in the meantime I thought I'd reach out for advice. Ta

Floo36

Re: 3rd month HRT - developed breast discomfort
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 07:37:55 AM »

It could be that you need a bit more Estrogen not less, our needs can increase as our Estrogen declines more. It is a learning curve and a lot of trial and error.  You could try another pump and see what happens you can always go back to 2, it doesn’t stay in your system more than 24 hours.