Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi. Dizziness and health anxiety  (Read 1127 times)

Joeyjo

• First Flush
Hi. Dizziness and health anxiety
« on: June 16, 2021, 11:52:58 AM »

Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone else gets this but I am 51 and probably in menopause as my last period was in 2018. I am getting horrible dizziness. Nit so I fall over but just like I'm permanently on a boat. I also get terrible health anxiety. I feel like a hypochondriac calling my gp convinced I've got some deadly disease. It all started after my mom died in 2019 of breast cancer. I am not on hrt and don't wish to go down that route so I'm trying to do it naturally with supplements such as vit d, menopace etc. I can cope with hot flushes but its the anxiety and the dizziness I hate.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi. Dizziness and health anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 12:08:27 PM »

Hi!

How is your diet overall and is your hydration OK?

Low blood sugar can cause those symptoms.  Anxiety can B the pits and appropriate medication is available if you don't want to take HRT. 

I have antidepressant medication, treatment for vaginal atrophy [do read our threads on that as well as 'bladder issues' ] and an as necessary anti-anxiety tablet.  From 2002 until last year I took a betablocka which helped with anxiety surges.

I also have a nerve in the back of my neck which when I move in a certain direction, I feel 'dizzy'.  It's gone in a flash, not enough to even take to the GP for advice  ::)

When do you get the dizziness the worst?  MayB get a blood test screening including thyroid function and VitD level tests, ask for your BP to be taken then buy a BP home monitor.  DH used his B4 breakfast at the same time, recorded them and after 3 months showed our GP. Job done ;-)

Joeyjo

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 01:55:48 PM »

Hiya CLKD
Has all sorts bloods done last few months. Only have half a thyroid but levels okay. Diet definitely better since hubby diagnosed with type 1. No snacks etc in house now as it knocks his levels out. I try to stay hydrated as if I don't I end up getting palpitations 🙄 have one of those home blood pressure things too. I must admit I try not to focus on the bits that are bothering me as it just gets worse. My yoga is good for that. It's good to have a place to come to for info, feel less alone in this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 02:14:48 PM »

Do U batch cook [when it's cooler] ?  DH makes curries and mince/veg mixtures which he freezes in eatable amounts [is that even a word  ;D]. Handy 4 quick meals when we are hungry or late home.

HA can make us more aware of the small dips and falls than we might usually do.  I am phobic from age 3 so am aware of everything that my body might do  >:(

Yoga - no good 4 me, I've never been able to touch my toes  ;)

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.