Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can colonoscopy prep etc affect Utrogestan absorption?  (Read 809 times)

Julia Dizzy

Can colonoscopy prep etc affect Utrogestan absorption?
« on: June 14, 2021, 01:16:37 PM »

Hi,
I had a colonoscopy last Thursday, but prior to that I had to go on a weeks low residue diet with Sennakot every night, along with the dreaded Moviprep liquid dynamite the night before.

I am on Estradot 50 and 100mg Utrogestan daily, but now having some brown blood loss from vagina and period pain (forgot what that was like urghh), so wondering if all this diarrhoea has affected the absorption of the Utro? Never had any strange bleeding normally whilst on HRT for last 21 months! (Am 64 and periods stopped in 2009 so well post meno).

(They used to say if you had diarrhoea whilst on the contraceptive pill, you had to be extra careful and use additional methods of protection, as it could make it not work, so thought this might be the same case??)

Any thoughts please? I only had an ultrasound on my abdomen a couple of months ago and he said my womb looked fine on that.

Hurdity

Re: Can colonoscopy prep etc affect Utrogestan absorption?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 06:48:46 PM »

If you take utrogestan orally then yes digestive changes could affect how much is absorbed into the system which could explain your spotting. If you had a U/S scan that recently then highly unlikely to be anything to worry about but do check with your doc if concerned ( if he knows about HRT!) and as you have never had any abnormal bleeding on HRT? Maybe see if it settles after you go back to your normal diet?

Hurdity x

Julia Dizzy

Re: Can colonoscopy prep etc affect Utrogestan absorption?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 12:42:10 PM »

Thank you Hurdity, I thought much the same as you, so I will keep an eye on it. xx