Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I'm new here!  (Read 1227 times)

Nonnie1983

I'm new here!
« on: June 19, 2021, 07:54:59 AM »

Hi there my name is Donna, I'm 38 & was diagnosed as being in early perimenopause 5yrs ago. Recently had my smear & discussed with nurse about my current symptoms, main thing being sleep deprivation!! I'm waking it seems on the hour every hour atm, so tired everyday, brain fog, forgetfulness, headaches, terrible acne, loss of libido, my periods are usually every 27 days although only lasting 4 days getting lighter each month but very painful. For the first time ever I'm 12 days late this month & no sign of a period coming anytime soon (nurse confirmed this whilst taking sample from cervix).... Hot flushes & night sweats were horrendous but seem to have passed now thank god. Made an appointment with Dr for next wk, nurse said they'll probably suggest re-doing bloods to check FSH levels & most possibly offer HRT. I feel rather apprehensive about this as I don't like taking pills. Not had any need to use contraception since hubby had vasectomy 12yrs ago so not sure I want to start pumping meds through my body now... But my bones are also getting worse & aches/pains which nurse said is also symptom of upcoming menopause & that it's important to have HRT to prevent osteoporosis?! Any advice appreciated x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 08:04:16 AM »

Yep.  Morning.  MayB keep a mood/symptom/food diary to chart progress?

H 'replacement' T - your symptoms seem peri-menopausal.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out : as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Oestrogen is like elastic ......... which becomes less taut as we age.

Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads - be prepared.   :welcomemm:  It's 'the change ' - does what it says on the tin ;-).

Let us know how you get on.  Ask away ..........

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 08:48:26 AM »

Regardless of symptoms because you're so young you should be on hrt at least until your early 50s to protect your heart and bones, I'm sure you know you're more likely to develop osteoporosis if you have an early menopause. Many people use transdermal hrt (gel or patch) which is safer than oral. It helps to think of it not as medication but as replacing what your body should be producing but isn't, similar to vit D or iron tablets if you're deficient in them.

Nonnie1983

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 09:53:53 AM »

Thank you so much for your replies. I already have an app where I'm keeping a diary of my symptoms so as you suggest maybe helpful. I'll look forward to the vaginal atrophy & bladder issues 🙈 the HRT doesn't seem as scary now you put it like that, just replacing the goodness my body is loosing...👍😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 01:50:35 PM »

People forget the 'replacement' part of HRT  ::)

Menopause is 'natural' .  However.  Some 'natural' products have fillers that might not be 'natural' as well as the active ingredient being synthesised in a Lab..  It's a mine field  :D