Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Itching?  (Read 1798 times)

FannyAnnie72

Re: Itching?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 06:45:10 PM »

Hi F-A, so exposure to sunlight worsens your hives.  I used to find that, esp on my upper chest - the bony area from collar bones downwards used to drive me mad with itching in the sun.  Cooling off in the sea was sooo soothing.

I'm afraid I can't remember how much my allergy issues had declined by the time I started HRT a few years postmenopause, so can't help with your wondering whether HRT would help.  But if you've read Jaylow's posts on the allergy issues you'll know she's been on HRT & I think suspects an association with aspects of/changes to her regimen.  If you're in a position to have a consultation with Dr Tina Peers or Newson Health, I think that might prove helpful.  Perhaps depends on how much you felt the info in the links to their articles might be relevant for you.  I believe RebJT has posted that she's seen Tina Peers.

Due next month for my next consultation to see if I return to having the injectables I have been on for a year, I just know I have no quality of life right now with this.  It dictates everything I do or even think about doing and it really is quite debilitating and exhausing 

I feel for you & Jaylow & RebJT's posts on the problem also show what a horribly debilitating & disruptive problem it is.  Maybe a PM to one or other of those members might help you decide on next step if you haven't chatted to them already.  I think now you've made more than 10 posts you should be able to send PMs.

Keep posting, don't be alone with the worry of it.
Wx
Amen to you, as I'm more established I shall contact others as I cannot cope with this anymore !!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2021, 07:50:46 PM »

What's the real problem here?

As oestrogen levels drop, the body may become dry = itching.  There is no instant cure.

Wrensong

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 09:35:06 AM »

:hug: F-A.  I'm sorry you're having such a dreadful time of it.
as I'm more established I shall contact others as I cannot cope with this anymore !!!

Not sure whether you mean by this you're thinking of arranging a Newson Health or Dr Tina Peers consultation, but whatever you decide to do I really hope you get to the bottom of it quickly now.
Wx
Pages: 1 [2]