Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bum problems - Tenesmus ?  (Read 995 times)

menopausalalways

Bum problems - Tenesmus ?
« on: June 14, 2021, 10:04:26 AM »

Since going through the menopause my digestion system has pretty much gone into freefall! My bum feels a bit twitchy and a little sore and I do feel like I want a poo - when really I dont - which I think is called Tenesmus?
Anyone else have the same and have they dealt with it without without taking any drugs?
I'm wondering if it could be a haemorrhoid??
In an aside - Hope everyone is enjoying the fab weather  :)
X

Taz2

Re: Bum problems - Tenesmus ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 10:30:01 AM »

You could have a lax splncter muscle but tenusmus should be investigated just to rule out anything serious. There is usually pain and cramping with true tenusmus too. Have you looked at the NHS tenusmus advice?

I have it mildly but it's linked to my prolapses and past surgery. I did have to have tests though to make sure there was no disease or cancer present.

Fab weather indeed 🌞

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bum problems - Tenesmus ?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 12:08:56 PM »

Tenesmus is characteristically - passing a motion; getting up from the loo with a feeling of needing to 'go', walking around which relaxes the muscles so that you then go again.  When it happens 2 me I have a normal motion, followed by the walking around which results in quite loose stools which clears the feeling of needing yet another poo  ::)