Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2nd AstraZenica side effects  (Read 7059 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 2nd AstraZenica side effects
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2021, 03:11:28 PM »

Is there another surgery ?

Mars62

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2021, 09:44:38 AM »

I'm not sure if this is connected but exactly a month after my 2nd astrazenca jab I had a return of menopause symptoms...uti type symptoms, hot flushes waking me up at night and happening multiple times during the day, really low mood (almost suicidal), joint aches fiercer than ever.. all going crazy now  :'( It's like someone flicked the menopause switch!

I was on Utrogrestan and Estrogel for about 2 years, mostly for insomnia and anxiety.  Stopped 18 months ago as wasn't convinced they were helping much.   Things weren't too bad overall with sleep so I thought perhaps all of that fun is over now that I'm 57....yeah right.

I've made an appointment with the GP to ask if she can re-activate the prescription and am using some that I had left over in the meantime. 

I know this is an old post but I’ve noticed a return of menopause symptoms too about a month after the AstraZeneca jab. I’m 59 and 8 years post memo. I’ve been on Femeston Conti and Vagifem for the last few years and have been absolutely fine on that regime but the last few weeks have had the odd hot flush and anxiety in the morning also peeing a lot more with the nippy bladder sensation! I’ve been using Vagifem everyday for the last fortnight instead of twice a week and it’s helping a bit. I’m scared the depression I had at the start of the menopause will return as after a lot of trial and error finally found HRT that worked great until this blip which I’m convinced was caused by the vaccine as nothing else has changed in my life. How are you feeling now Artmouse? I’m hoping this return of symptoms is temporary as I couldn’t face going back to square one and trying all sorts of treatments again.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2021, 01:54:27 PM »

When did you receive your vaccinations?  Any alteration would have occurred sooner rather than later.

If VA treatment lapses, the symptoms will return.  When I get the nipping after a pee I take 'nurofen', 2 x 3 times a day for 2/3 days.  Eases the spincter.

Artmouse

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2021, 04:53:05 PM »

I'm not sure if this is connected but exactly a month after my 2nd astrazenca jab I had a return of menopause symptoms...uti type symptoms, hot flushes waking me up at night and happening multiple times during the day, really low mood (almost suicidal), joint aches fiercer than ever.. all going crazy now  :'( It's like someone flicked the menopause switch!

I was on Utrogrestan and Estrogel for about 2 years, mostly for insomnia and anxiety.  Stopped 18 months ago as wasn't convinced they were helping much.   Things weren't too bad overall with sleep so I thought perhaps all of that fun is over now that I'm 57....yeah right.

I've made an appointment with the GP to ask if she can re-activate the prescription and am using some that I had left over in the meantime. 

I know this is an old post but I’ve noticed a return of menopause symptoms too about a month after the AstraZeneca jab. I’m 59 and 8 years post memo. I’ve been on Femeston Conti and Vagifem for the last few years and have been absolutely fine on that regime but the last few weeks have had the odd hot flush and anxiety in the morning also peeing a lot more with the nippy bladder sensation! I’ve been using Vagifem everyday for the last fortnight instead of twice a week and it’s helping a bit. I’m scared the depression I had at the start of the menopause will return as after a lot of trial and error finally found HRT that worked great until this blip which I’m convinced was caused by the vaccine as nothing else has changed in my life. How are you feeling now Artmouse? I’m hoping this return of symptoms is temporary as I couldn’t face going back to square one and trying all sorts of treatments again.

Hi there,

I’ve switched to another HRT, Estradot patch with Utrogestan, on second week now. Still feeling rough, mood has improved a little but everything else still bad.  Really wonder about the vaccine 2nd dose… Sorry to hear you have similar return of symptoms :(. Am speaking to Doctor tomorrow about Ovestin for bladder problems as Vagifem never worked for me. 

Also would like a refund on this body at the moment!!

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2021, 06:44:33 PM »

Which symptom/s didn't 'vagifem' work 4?  It can take weeks B4 the tissues plump up enough for the area to feel more comfortable.  U said that you had 'been absolutely fine'.  Stopping VA treatment will allow the dryness to cause irritation etc..  Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.  Make notes ;-)

Some require 'vagifem' every night and also use 'yes' or 'sylc' moisturisers.  I have 'ovestin' which I use internally adding a small amount to the outer labia 2 ease any itchy places.

Artmouse

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2021, 08:53:54 PM »

Which symptom/s didn't 'vagifem' work 4?  It can take weeks B4 the tissues plump up enough for the area to feel more comfortable.  U said that you had 'been absolutely fine'.  Stopping VA treatment will allow the dryness to cause irritation etc..  Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.  Make notes ;-)

Some require 'vagifem' every night and also use 'yes' or 'sylc' moisturisers.  I have 'ovestin' which I use internally adding a small amount to the outer labia 2 ease any itchy places.

It didn’t work for bladder issues, mostly nocturia and pain.  Not sure where I said I’d been absolutely fine?  Used Vagifem for months, daily. 

Mars62

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2021, 08:06:26 AM »

Sorry you’re still feeling rough Artmouse, hopefully the HRT will kick in soon, it takes a good few weeks to find out if it’s working. I’m using the Vagifem daily now and there is some improvement maybe twice a week wasn’t enough. I thought that 9 years after my last period the menopause would be over :(
Maybe it was coincidence that symptoms returned after the vaccine I’ll never know for sure.

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2021, 09:13:03 AM »

Artmouse - sorry that 'vagifem' didn't work for you - I was replying to some else I think  :-\.  Have you tried pain relief to relax the spincter after a wee?  R U drinking enough as the kidneys may work overtime in the night which gets us up more often.

It is the Trial and Error of finding a regime that was tiring 4 me  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]