Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help required please  (Read 1080 times)

BooBoo21

Help required please
« on: June 10, 2021, 12:15:02 PM »

Hello,  I am a 53 years old and up until January of this year my menstrual cycle was every 28 days. This year it can be every 3 weeks, or as long as 10 weeks.  I have sleepless nights and anxiety with low mood.  My Gp prescribed Oestrogel and Utrogestan.  However, reading the leaflets I should start the Oestrogel on the first day on my menstrual cycle however, it has now been 7 weeks since my last cycle.  Can anybody please advise as to when I can start it.  I hope that made sense.  Thanks.

Dotty

Re: Help required please
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 01:17:08 PM »

Hi if your periods are irregular then you can start the Oestrogel at any time, but be prepared for breakthrough bleeding. How has your GP told you to take the Utrogestan ?

BooBoo21

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »

Thanks Dotty, GP advised to take 2 tablets on the 12 day for 2 weeks.  To be honest I do not think he knew what he was doing as I told him the HRT that. I wanted as to researching and speaking to my friend who is a GP.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:36:26 PM »

Did I reply to this elsewhere  :-\

BooBoo21

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 09:00:23 PM »

Yes sorry, I did not know where to post x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 09:49:52 PM »

You're in good company then  ;D

Which thread would you like us to respond in, so that you don't get completely lost ?

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 06:44:50 AM »

Hi the dosage is 200mg for 12 days. Take on days 15-26 of your cycle. X

BooBoo21

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 07:38:29 AM »

A silly question but if i start now without my period it will not be a proper cycle will it, I am very confused by it all.

Dotty

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 09:09:23 AM »

https://www.liverpoolwomens.nhs.uk/media/3548/taking-utrogestan-patient-information-leaflet.pdf

Have a look at the above link. Start taking the Utrogestan on a date for 12 days and stick to that date every month.

Ecl

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2021, 09:20:42 PM »

Hi I asked this same question last week ( except Sandrena gel not oestrogen but same difference!). I had researched both meds but as they are produced by different suppliers, there were no instructions for both together. Sandrena said I could start when I liked ( no previous HRT). Utrogestan said day 12 but I was already 7 weeks into a cycle that could be however long. I had already looked up a patch for sequential HRT and the leaflet said if periods were irregular to start whenever and take the oestrogen patches first for two weeks then the mixed ones for two weeks.
The advice I had was to do just that with my gel and utrogestan so I started last week and will begin my 12 days utrogestan on Wednesday next week.
If my period was to show before I start the utrogestan I will take that as day 1 and adjust when I start the utrogestan but if not I am hoping this might regulate me a little.
Hope that was t too confusing and that it helps.