Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Does spotting count as a period?  (Read 786 times)

IceLolly

Does spotting count as a period?
« on: June 17, 2021, 11:22:13 AM »

Hello, I'm new here, although I've been using the wisdom of the forum since the age of 41 when my symptoms began (I'm now 47). My periods were always 28 days and clockwork but over the last couple of years they've become increasingly erratic, now they're anywhere from 16 to 33 day cycles. I'm trying my best to log it so I can see what's happening but last month I started bleeding at day 16 with some cramps, very tearful, and enough blood to need to use a sanitary pad each day. This carried on for 11 days a d then the next day was a full on heavy period (which is the norm for me these days). So I'm confused...was that 11 of spotting or do I count it as the start of my monthly bleed?  I literally have no idea when it's going to start. Two days ago I had mild spotting again, then nothing, and now today, spotting again...I have the Garmin connect app to track and record it but I have no idea whether to say this is my period starting or not record it because spotting doesn't count...or does it? I'm so confused!! Does anyone else have this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does spotting count as a period?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 12:00:00 PM »

I would count that as a 'period' as you required a pad and start re-counting  ::).  Mine waxed and waned; sometimes good would be more or less.  Plus brown spotting which I ignored.

Spotting is probably due to our hormones kicking in! 

Browse round. Join in.!