Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Changing from evorel patches....  (Read 819 times)

Sarahjaynexo

Changing from evorel patches....
« on: June 11, 2021, 09:29:12 PM »

I'm having problems with my Evorel 50 patches falling off, I've tried several different areas but no luck. I'm finding that I'm replacing them as I can't find them half the time which I think is causing my periods to be all over the place (again). I found these great 2 years ago but in recent months noticed they don't stick like they used to 🤔

I also feel rubbish on my conti patches, a hey legs, anxiety, low mood, headaches.... could be the type of progesterone / northisterone?

Can anyone recommend a good alternative? If not patches, I was thinking of trying oestrogen gel and maybe oral progesterone but not sure which type would be best to go for as I'm sensitive to progesterone (was awful on the Mirena) x
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 12:36:30 AM by Sarahjaynexo »

Dandelion

Re: Changing from evorel patches....
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 10:12:24 PM »

I'm having problems with my Evorel 60 patches Dalling off, I've tried several different areas but no luck. I'm finding that I'm replacing them as I can't find them half the time which I think is causing my periods to be all over the place (again). I found these great 2 years ago but in recent months noticed they don't stick like they used to.

I also feel rubbish on my conti patches, could be the type of progesterone / northisterone?

Can anyone recommend a good alternative? If not patches, I was thinking of trying oestrogen gel and maybe oral progesterone but not sure which type would be best to go for as I'm sensitive to progesterone (was awful on the Mirena) x
I used evorel before the supplier changed hands, when they were will made by Janssen, I will be going back to them next week as the gel is too much hassle to attend to daily.
Might it be that the patches are now made by another company?
They used to stick well for me, I remember other ladies using other patches that fell off, in fact, the glue on evorel used to stick to my body :)
I put them at the top of my behind below the waist. Skin has to be clean and totally dry.
hope that helps.

Joesmum

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 11:10:44 PM »

Ive had exactly the same issues with the Evorel patches falling off.
They did indeed change manufacturers and the glue used is just not good enough.

MY SOLUTION -

Was to buy Tegaderm patches from Amazon
Brand :wordmouk
50 pcs of waterproof plaster transparent adhesive medical wound dressing. 10* 12 cm

I actually cut these in two so that they last longer and they have been great and really do work to keep the patches in place.

Cookie25

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 02:51:16 AM »

Hi Sarahjaynexo

I too had issues with these sticking when I started on them. If you search everol in the forum you'll find other threads where we discuss this.

For me I wipe the area with alcohol then again with water, dry thoroughly, warm the area, warm the patch in my hands, stick on and rub and keep warm for a couple of minutes.

I find lower tummy just above my pubic zone under my pants works for me and I just alternate sides.

Hope this helps!
Xxxxx

Denise Didi

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 09:26:24 AM »

I find estodot sticks really well, perhaps you could change patches?

Sarahjaynexo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 08:49:27 AM »

Thank you ladies, I've been given oestrogel and utrogestan to try. Hopefully these will do the trick x