Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 878 times)

Wannabewell

Help please
« on: June 11, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »

I’ve just received my HRT prescription for Oestrogel 2 pumps and Utrogestan 200mg for 12 days, monthly.

I’ve not had a period for 8 months, almost 9.  Do I just start the Oestrogel straight away and then take the Utrogestan from day 15 for 12 days?

Also, I only got one bottle of oestrogel so that’s not enough for 3 months, I got 3 months of Utrogestan.  To be reviewed in three months.

And, do I push the plunger on the Oestrogel bottle fully down for each pump? I’m guessing I do but just want to make sure.

I thought I may have been put on three monthly Utrogestan with missing so many periods and having been perimenopausal for at least 8 years?

Thanks.

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 02:03:55 PM »

Sorry can't help but bumping because your post was missed.  Some highly knowlegable ladies will be along to answer.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 02:43:15 PM »

I’ve not had a period for 8 months, almost 9.  Do I just start the Oestrogel straight away and then take the Utrogestan from day 15 for 12 days?
As you haven't had a bleed for so long I would do that. Normally you'd wait for a bleed and that would be day 1 but you may be waiting for a long time. And yes to the utro question.

Wannabewell

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 01:17:23 PM »

Thanks very much for the bump and for the replies, that’s really helpful.

Fingers crossed 🤞