Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 892 times)

Valybobs

• First Flush
Hi everyone
« on: June 10, 2021, 06:06:55 PM »

Hi all - I am new to this website and forum and like a few folk I've seen already have found my way here after using the Hysterectomy Association a few years ago.
I had a total hysterectomy and ovaries etc removed 3 years ago and mostly until about 6 months ago everything was going fairly well, apart from my preferred HRT going out of stock from time to time...  However now back on Elleste Solo 2mg since 2 months now.
Reason for getting in touch is within the last 3 months my hair has started to fall out quite radically.   Luckily I have a good hairdresser who recommended Nioxin which seems to have halted the falling out - now I would just like it to grown back!
Now within the last one month I have developed joint pains and what I can only describe as joint weakness too.
I am fit and a keen runner and yogi and am now struggling with even the basics.  The only thing I can do at the moment is walking.
GP is checking out potentially low iron (iron tablets, woo hoo, what fun) and what she has called borderline low thyroid.
However I am wondering if the HRT may now not be the one for me?  It feels like a lot is going on and quite confusing.
Good to know other folks are out there x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 08:40:24 PM »

:welcomemm:  love the dog  :-*

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also, the body may become dry: skin, deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils, vagina ........ do wear our 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads.   Make notes.

Walking is fine.  You should be able to continue with gentle yoga ........ it's about keeping bone strength to avoid osteoporosis.  Jogging isn't good overall for joints ........ we are built 4 short bursts when running after food or away from the sabre toothed tiger ;-).  We evolved upright - not a good idea!

Many GPs won't do extra thyroid function tests if results are 'within normal limits'.  She should be doing a full blood count: thyroid function, VitD levels, iron levels ...... iron tablets can cause constipation  :o

There are many kinds of HRT which can be confusing.