Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Menopause test kit  (Read 1280 times)

DeeMarie

Menopause test kit
« on: June 08, 2021, 07:26:16 AM »

Anyone tried the menopause test kit? If so are the pretty accurate or a waste of money?!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause test kit
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 07:30:19 AM »

Depends what you need to find out?  How far down the menopause journey you might be. 

Perhaps B4 you buy, keep a mood/symptom/food diary for 3 months to chart progress?  See if there are fluctuations?

Does this test kit involve selling products to the customer dependant upon results?

DeeMarie

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 08:15:25 AM »

It tests your fsh hormone and hopefully find out if I am peri. More peace of mind to be honest. My gp won’t test me even though they tested for everything else!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 08:58:22 AM »

There's a message there - hormone tests are reliably unreliable.

Because hormone levels rise and fall 24/7 ........... my Gynae won't do blood test but treats on symptoms.  Personally I wouldn't waste my money.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 08:59:55 AM »

I haven't used it as my gp tested mine. As long as it comes from a reliable source I would expect it be OK.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 12:57:16 PM »

Unless it's recommending products that the company sells, when they may find 'something' that needs sorting  ;)

DeeMarie

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 05:01:48 PM »

Hi Sheila99, I didn’t understand why they didn’t test when they tested for everything else. I know hormones fluctuate but you would have thought they would have. Seems to get good reviews……decisions decisions!

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 06:10:45 PM »

I think many of them go solely on symptoms (which would be fine if only they could recognise them). Likewise they tested everything else and only did fsh when I asked. No hot flushes, periods less irregular than they'd been the rest of my life so it couldn't be meno related. Aged 57 at the time...  ;D
I think fsh does vary depending where you are in your cycle though so best to read up on that first.

LillyWilliams.

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 07:07:32 PM »

Please, Please don't waste your money. I did one about 3 months ago. I was feeling awful and suspected low hormone levels, so I ordered one, payed alot of money, and it came back that I was perfectly normal. Everything was within the normal levels. After two weeks of worsening symptoms, I went to my doctor who did a proper test, all my hormone levels were actually in the gutter. Even now, 3 months later, I am still lower than I should be.

Don't waste, time, money or your blood.

Floo36

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 07:21:18 AM »

I agree go on symptoms. My go insisted on doing fsh bloods when I was 51 and having symptoms, did 2 one showed high and one showed low so useless and wasted months before treatment.

DeeMarie

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »

Thank you ladies! Think I’ll not bother and just go by the symptoms!