Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Spots? More like permanent cold sores...  (Read 1065 times)

Psychosocial

Spots? More like permanent cold sores...
« on: June 08, 2021, 08:54:38 PM »

Although increasing my HRT dosage from Femosten conti 1/5 to Evorel 75 patches + 100mg Utrogestan nightly has helped with most of the symptoms, for some completely unknown reason I now have permanent spots under my nose ... sometimes they look/feel more like cold sores, ie crusting over and stuff coming out (sorry if that's TMI!).  I've tried all sorts of skin products, but nothing seems to help.
I also use intrarosa pessaries nightly, and I wonder if the DHEA converting to testosterone could be causing it?  Or am I clutching at straws...

pepperminty

Re: Spots? More like permanent cold sores...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 06:55:35 AM »

Hi,

It is impossible to diagnose anything without seeing it, even for an expert dermatologist. I think if it were HRT it would be unlikely to be where it is.  I think that you need a referal to a dermatologist, if your GP cannot help you. It could be anything - try the Dermnet NZ website. Try not to worry as once you have a diagnosis you can deal with it.

Peppermintyxx

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 08:25:18 AM »

I also think you should see your gp.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 08:31:05 AM »

Cold sores usually affect the vaginal area or along the lips.  Herpes Zosta usually begins by itching under the skin in the area B4 forming a blister which then crusts over.  It can be a sign of mineral deficiency.

Do they itch?  Do you have a Pharmacist in your area who would give advice, or visit your GP.  Let us know? 

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 09:26:32 AM »

It could be a bacterial skin infection which will need antibiotic treatment. Make an appointment to see your GP. I think this will need a face to face appointment.

Taz x