Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Remove the mirena coil or not?  (Read 653 times)

Peri-wrecked

Remove the mirena coil or not?
« on: June 08, 2021, 07:41:33 PM »

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well. I'm looking for some advice. I got the mirena coil inserted in December 2020 and started patches at the same time started on 50and moved up to 75.....patches didn't seem to do much so my doctor switched me tablets (fematab 2mg).......I managed 6 weeks on those before I started getting very bad headaches with blurred vision and dizziness (possible migraine).....it took me a few days to figure out that the tablets were causing my headaches etc but headaches have reduced significantly since stopping them over a week ago. I'm now stuck with the dilemma of what to do now?

I've a fuzzy head, low concentration
, motivation is good one day and bad the next and mood changes fast from one day to the next. My gp mentioned when she prescribed the fematab tablet that if it didnt work she may look at the fact I'm intolerant to the progesterone in the coil as I had an allergic reaction to another tablet with the same progesterone in it a few years ago. she also mentioned prescribing a contraceptive pill in top of the mirena as an option.
Can anybody make a suggestion?  What should I ask for next? I'm 6 years juggling with all this. I was hoping to find a solution. I just miss the old me........
Would love some insight.  Thank you very much. Hugs to all