Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 957 times)

Happy P

• First Flush
Hello!
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:08:28 PM »

Hi all, I've just joined this forum as although I had my last period 5 years ago I've recently started suffering a build up of anxiety and have now had 2 panic attacks when driving. The only other issues I experienced throughout peri menopause or actual menopause were night sweats and irritability (to the point of rage!) so I thought I'd got off fairly lightly  :)
These recent panic attacks only lasted minutes but have left me feeling really shaky, very vulnerable and so, so sad  :'(
Since the first panic a few weeks ago I cut out alcohol and started on Menopace supplements. After today's episode I've registered for talking therapy and joined this forum.
Hope to get lots of info, hints & tips and get myself back on track.

jaypo

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 07:00:06 AM »

Hi happy p  :welcomemm:
Panic attacks are the pits,I'm not on HRT and did suffer for it but mostly through the other side now,have you tried CBD? It seemed to help me a bit or the Bach's remedy drops,have you considered hrt?

Happy P

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 08:04:35 AM »

Thank you ladies, I've been on to my GP and made an appointment to look at HRT options.
Feeling more positive already  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 11:10:34 AM »

Many find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  To chart progress.

:welcomemm:  Browse round.  Make notes.  Re-assess your eating patterns.  Mid-afternoon I would get panicky when driving home from work, I found that eating a banana 25 mins. B4 hitting the road helped.  There was no where to pull over in the 7 miles journey which made me feel worse!

Low blood sugar can cause anxiety levels to surge.